Associate Professor Sharif As-Saber joined the RMIT University in 2010. Previously, he served at Monash University, the University of Tasmania and Massey University. He earned his PhD in international and comparative management from the University of Tasmania. He also holds academic qualifications such as BSocSc (Honours) (International Relations), LL.B, MSocSc (International Relations) and an MBA (International Business). He completed a faculty development program in International Business Law and Ethics at the University of Colorado at Denver. Previously, he held several academic administrative positions including the Founding Director, MPhil (Industry) Program and Director, International Business Program at Monash University; Sub-Dean, International Business Program at the University of Tasmania; and International Business Program Manager at Massey University, New Zealand. He also has a long public service experience.
His current research interests include e-governance, anti-corruption, social reregulation, international business, call centre management, geopolitics and international education. He has edited two books and authored several book chapters, published extensively in refereed journals and presented in leading international conferences. His latest edited book, Governance and Human Capital: The 21st Century Agenda, has just been published by Sterling.
Associate Professor As-Saber is the founding Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Administration & Governance. He is also on the editorial boards of several journals including Thunderbird International Business Review, Electronic Government, Journal of Innovation Management in Small and Medium Enterprises, Journal of International Education and Business, and Society & Change. Previously, he served as the Editor of the Journal of Administration & Diplomacy (1994-95) and the Book and Media Review Editor of the Journal of Transnational Management Development (1998-99). He has been involved in organising conferences and research colloquiums and acted as the stream chair in several international conferences. He also edited several conference proceedings. He has been the recipient of several competitive grants including the prestigious Australian Research Council (ARC) grant.
Associate Professor As-Saber is the Chairman of the premier governance-related organisation within the Asia Pacific region, Network of Asia Pacific Schools and Institutes of Public Administration & Governance (NAPSIPAG). He is the Secretary and Treasurer of the Australia and New Zealand International Business Academy (ANZIBA).
- Waheduzzaman, W.,As-Saber, S.,Hamid, M. (2018). Elite capture of local participatory governance In: Policy and Politics: An International Journal, 46, 645 - 662
- Cairns, G.,As-Saber, S. (2017). The Dark Side of MNCs In: Multinational Corporations and Organization Theory: Post Millenium Perspectives, Emerald Group Publishing, London, UK
- Waheduzzaman, W.,As-Saber, S. (2015). Community participation and local governance in Bangladesh In: Australian Journal of Political Science, 50, 128 - 147
- Jack, R.,As-Saber, S.,Edwards, R. (2015). Service embeddedness and its role in a firm's internationalisation process: An Australian perspective In: International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 35, 346 - 369
- As-Saber, S.,Cairns, G. (2015). 'Black international business' - critical issues and ethical dilemmas In: The Routledge Companion to Ethics, Politics and Organizations, Routledge, United Kingdom
- Waheduzzaman, W.,As-Saber, S. (2015). Politics and policy in achieving participatory governance in a developing country context In: Politics and Policy, 43, 474 - 501
- Binti Wan Ibrahim, W.,Muenjohn, N.,As-Saber, S. (2015). Self-initiated expatriate academics (SIEAs) in the Malaysian higher education sector: instruments development and preliminary results In: World Journal of Social Sciences, 5, 68 - 78
- As-Saber, S.,Rahman, S.,Rahim, M.,Cairns, G.,Hartel, C.,Waheduzzaman, W. (2014). Promises and pitfalls of using social media in public e-procurement: An appraisal In: Australasian Journal of Information Systems, 18, 227 - 241
- Muenjohn, N.,Chhetri, P.,Hoare, L.,As-Saber, S.,Suzumura, Y. (2013). Design leadership: a conceptual framework of leadership, design and team performance In: Proceedings of 2013 2nd International Conference on Education and Management Innovation, Rome, Italy, 24-25 February 2013
- Hossain, M.,As-Saber, S. (2013). Healthcare governance and climate change adaptation: a pharmaceutical industry perspective In: Millennium Development Goals and Community Initiatives in the Asia Pacific, Springer, New Delhi
- The EU�s role in the implementation of the SDGS in Asia Pacific. Funded by: Erasmus+ (European Commission) 2017 onwards from (2017 to 2020)
- eGuide as a Learning tool kit for breast cancer related supportive care services. Funded by: Telematics Trust Grant pre-2014 from (2013 to 2014)
3 PhD Completions3 PhD Current Supervisions