Robyn Barnacle is a Senior Research Fellow in the School of Graduate Research, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.She is a research education specialist and coordinates professional development programs for higher degrees by research supervisors and candidates. Robyn's research is in the area of higher education and focuses on doctoral education.
- Research education
- Researcher development
- PhD supervision
- Higher education policy and practice
- PhD (Philosophy) Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
- BA (Hons) (First-class) Murdoch University, Perth, Australia.
- Barnacle, R.,Dall'Alba, G. (2017). Committed to learn: student engagement and care in higher education In: Higher Education Research and Development, 36, 1326 - 1338
- Barnacle, R.,Cuthbert, D.,Laurie, R. (2016). Exploring researcher motivation: Implications for PhD education In: Asia Pacific Graduate Education: Comparative Policies and Regional Developments, Palgrave Macmillan, New York, United States
- Dall'Alba, G.,Barnacle, R. (2015). Exploring knowing/being through discordant professional practice In: Educational Philosophy and Theory, 47, 1452 - 1464
- Barnacle, R.,Dall'Alba, G. (2014). Beyond skills: embodying writerly practices through the doctorate In: Studies in Higher Education, 39, 1139 - 1149
- Mewburn, I.,Tokareva, E.,Cuthbert, D.,Sinclair, J.,Barnacle, R. (2014). 'These are issues that should not be raised in black and white': the culture of progress reporting and the doctorate In: Higher Education Research and Development, 33, 510 - 522
- Sinclair, J.,Cuthbert, D.,Barnacle, R. (2014). The entrepreneurial subjectivity of successful researchers In: Higher Education Research and Development, 33, 1007 - 1019
- Barnacle, R.,Sinclair, J.,Cuthbert, D. (2013). Independence interrupted: creativity, context and the 'independent scholar In: Re-imagining the Creative University for the 21st Century, Sense Publishers, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Sinclair, J.,Barnacle, R.,Cuthbert, D. (2013). How the doctorate contributes to the formation of active researchers: what the research tells us In: Studies in Higher Education, 39, 1972 - 1986
- Allpress, B.,Barnacle, R.,Duxbury, L.,Grierson, E. (2012). Supervising practice-led research by project in art, creative writing, architecture and design In: Supervising Practices for Postgraduate Research in Art, Architecture and Design, Sense Publishers, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Barnacle, R. (2012). Becoming a practitioner-researcher-writer In: Supervising Practices for Postgraduate Research in Art, Architecture and Design, Sense Publishers, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
1 PhD Current Supervisions5 PhD Completions
Research practice and knowledge generation; research education: pedagogy, practice and policy; ontology and learning.