Jessica is the course coordinator and lecturer of the Leadership and Management and Business Research Design (OUA) courses in the Master of Business Administration Program.
Her aim when teaching is to give her students the opportunity to realise their full potential. She holds a PhD which investigated the intersection of Western management practices and Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) States’ culture in relation to employee attitudes towards the workplace. Jessica has a keen interest in and rich understanding of Middle Eastern societal culture giving her the ability to function bi-culturally in both Western and Middle Eastern cultural environments.
She is also bilingual, fluent in both English and Arabic. Jessica’s research interests include leadership, organisational behaviour, international management, cross-cultural management, social and economic empowerment of women, social identity and bi-cultural identity integration. Prior to coming to RMIT University in 2014, Jessica worked on various international assignments in the Middle East.
Her final position before returning to Australia was consultant to the Vice-Chancellor of Sohar University in the Sultanate of Oman. Jessica has received multiple awards and scholarships for her academic and teaching excellence.
- 2018 – Teaching and Technology Award, RMIT University
- December 2018 – Excellence in Learning and Teaching Award for Outstanding GTS/OSI, Graduate School of Business and Law, RMIT University
- July 2018 – Excellence in Learning and Teaching Award for Outstanding GTS/OSI, Graduate School of Business and Law, RMIT University
- December 2017 – Excellence in Learning and Teaching Award for Outstanding GTS, Graduate School of Business and Law, RMIT University
- July 2017 – Excellence in Learning and Teaching Award for Outstanding GTS, Graduate School of Business and Law, RMIT University
- 2016 – Teaching Excellence Award (GTS scores above 90%), College of Business, RMIT University
- 2015 – Teaching Excellence Award (GTS scores above 90%), College of Business, RMIT University
- 2015 – Global Business Innovation Scholarship, RMIT University
- October 2014 – Research Excellence Award for Best Conference Paper, College of Business, RMIT University
- 2014 – Graduate Women Victoria William & Elizabeth Fisher Scholarship
- November 2013 – Best Conference Paper Award, Second International Conference on Emerging Research Paradigms in Business and Social Sciences
- 2012 – Extending Excellence Scholarship, Deakin University
Teaching and coordination:
- Leadership and Management
- Business Research Design
Jessica is currently developing research projects in collaboration with key academic business scholars and industry/community leaders that encourage outcomes which offer commercial and social benefit. Jessica’s research interests are in areas of leadership, organisational behaviour, cross-cultural management, international management and economic empowerment of women.
- Doctor of Philosophy, RMIT University
- Master of International Business, Deakin University
- Master of Arts, International Relations, Deakin University
- Alrofiai, F.,Bellingham, J.,Gibson, P. (2020). Realism and Resilience: An Inquiry Into the Helpfulness of Adopting an Existential Outlook In: Psychological Reports, 123, 2173 - 2195
- Bellingham, J.,Gibson, P. (2016). The influence of Gulf States' culture upon workplace behaviour and motivation: A research program In: International Journal of Business and Globalisation, 16, 171 - 187
1 PhD Current Supervisions