- Educating the Edisons of the 21st Century: embedding tools of the Theory of Inventive Problem Solving (TRIZ) into the engineering curriculum. Funded by: Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT) Fellowships Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2020)
- Building Information Modelling: Methods and Applications to link Post Occupancy Evaluation to Architectural Programming.. Funded by: RMIT Emerging Researcher Grants from (2008 to 2009)
4 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions
Engineering problem-solving, engineering creativity, systems thinking, novice to expert transformation, engineering education, technology-enhanced education, educational feedback, diagnostic assessment.
- Valentine, A.,Belski, I.,Hamilton, M. (2022). Influence of using a pen-and-paper or computer-based approach on engineering students’ self-efficacy during idea generation In: Australasian Journal of Engineering Education, 27, 16 - 25
- Steger, F.,Nitsche, A.,Arbesmeier, A.,Brade, K.,Schweiger, H.,Belski, I. (2020). Teaching Battery Basics in Laboratories: Hands-On Versus Simulated Experiments In: IEEE Transactions on Education, 63, 198 - 208
- Tanoyo, T.,Belski, I.,Harlim, J. (2020). Application of TRIZ Substance-Field Analysis and Situational Analysis for Risk Analysis and Development of Common Language Among Stakeholders In: Systematic Complex Problem Solving in the Age of Digitalization and Open Innovation. TFC 2020: IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 14 - 16 October 2020
- Belski, I.,Brown, N. (2020). Influence of TRIZ Heuristic of the Ideal Ultimate Result on Problem- Solving, Divergent and Convergent Thinking Skills of Engineering Students In: 31st Annual conference of the Australasian Association for Engineering Education, Sydney, Australia, 6-9 December 2020
- Valentine, A.,Belski, I.,Hamilton, M.,Adams, S. (2019). Creativity in Electrical Engineering Degree Programs: Where Is the Content? In: IEEE Transactions on Education, 62, 288 - 296
- Steger, F.,Arbesmeier, A.,Nitsche, A.,Brade, K.,Schweiger, H.,Belski, I. (2019). Laboratory learning: influence of the perceived laboratory mode on learning outcomes In: Proceedings of the 47th SEFI Annual Conference, Budapest, 16-20 September 2019
- Belski, I. (2019). TRIZ thinking heuristics to nurture future generations of creative engineers In: Australasian Journal of Engineering Education, 24, 86 - 97
- Belski, I. (2019). Educating the Edisons of the 21st Century: Embedding tools of the Theory of Inventive Problem Solving (TRIZ) into the engineering curriculum: Final Report 2019 In: Australian Government Department of Education and Training Canberra ACT, Australia.
- Belski, I.,Skiadopoulos, A.,Yang, S. (2019). TRIZ Heuristics Improve Creative Problem Solving Self-efficacy of Engineering Students. In: Proceedings of the 30th Annual Conference of the Australasian Association for Engineering Education (AAEE 2019), Brisbane, Australia, 8-11 December 2019
- Valentine, A.,Belski, I. (2019). Exploring differences in perceived problem-solving and creativity skills between novice and experienced engineering students In: Proceedings of the 30th Annual Conference of the Australasian Association for Engineering Education (AAEE 2019), Brisbane, Australia, 8-11 December 2019