Dr Bunjevac is a Senior Lecturer in Law.
Tim has more than 15 years of practical experience in a variety of legal, academic and court-related roles. Tim has completed his PhD thesis on the transformation of court governance in Victoria. His published research in this area has been well-received in Australia and internationally. He has also been a barrister and solicitor since 2003 and provided legal advice to public and commercial entities, including ASX listed companies, government agencies and government instrumentalities.
Prior to joining RMIT, Tim was a law lecturer at Victoria University Law School and a legal advisor at the Victorian Department of Justice, where he advised the Attorney-General on policy matters affecting the operations of the courts and tribunals.
Tim has taught a number of subjects at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including Contracts, Constitutional Law, Legal Writing, and Civil Procedure. In 2008 and 2009, he was also the lecturer of corporate law subjects at LLM level. During this period he published a paper in the Melbourne University Law Review, which critically analyses the regulation of governance of financial markets intermediaries in the USA, EU and Australia during the global financial crisis. He regularly peer-reviews papers in this area and has contributed to public debate on such issues as an expert commentator on ABC Radio and in The Conversation.
Tim also has considerable experience in managing and implementing complex projects involving high-level stakeholders. In 2009, he managed the legislative project that established the mental health court in the Magistrates' Court of Victoria ("the ARC List"), for which he received a Justice 2010 Award from the Department of Justice and a commendation from the Attorney-General.
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education
- Certificate IV in Business Management
- Bar Readers Course
- Barrister at the Victorian Bar
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Policy Adviser to the Attorney-General
- Researcher, Department of Justice
- Researcher, Judicial College of Victoria
- Bunjevac, T. (2019). The Transformation of Court Governance in Victoria: Part 2 - Towards a Model Policy Framework for Court Services Victoria In: Journal of Judicial Administration, 28, 169 - 203
- Bunjevac, T. (2018). The Transformation of Court Governance in Victoria: Part 1 - Key Concepts and Models In: Journal of Judicial Administration, 28, 69 - 97
- Bunjevac, T. (2017). From individual judge to judicial bureaucracy: The emergence of judicial councils and the changing nature of judicial accountability in court administration In: University of New South Wales Law Journal, 40, 806 - 841
- Bunjevac, T. (2016). The corporate transformation of the courts: Towards a judicial board of executive directors In: Journal of Judicial Administration, 25, 197 - 211
- Bunjevac, T. (2015). Court Services Victoria and the new politics of judicial independence: A critical analysis of the Court Services Victoria Act 2014 (Vic) In: Monash University Law Review, 41, 299 - 328
- Bunjevac, T. (2013). Critical reflection and the practice of teaching law In: Journal of the Australasian Law Teachers Association, , 81 - 90
- Bunjevac, T. (2011). Court Governance: The challenge of change In: Journal of Judicial Administration, 20, 201 - 224
- Bunjevac, T. (2011). Court governance in Context: Beyond independence In: International Journal for Court Administration, 4, 35 - 46