Andrew is an Associate Professor in Sustainability and Urban Planning in the School of Global, Urban and Social Studies (GUSS) and the Centre for Urban Research (CUR) at RMIT.
Andrew is a planning educator and researcher with a focus on rural and regional planning issues. He has a background in planning practice and his current research and supervision is in the area of land use change and planning policy associated with regional Australia, food systems and peri-urban development.
Publications at Google Scholar.
- PhD, La Trobe University
- Master of Environmental Studies, University of Melbourne
- BA (Urban Studies) Victoria University
- Deilami, K.,Shooshtarian, S.,Rudner, J.,Butt, A.,Amati, M. (2022). Resilience and Adaptation Strategies for Urban Heat at Regional, City and Local Scales In: Disaster Risk Reduction for Resilience, Springer, Switzerland
- Sun, C.,MacLeod, T.,Both, A.,Hurley, J.,Butt, A.,Amati, M. (2021). A human-centred assessment framework to prioritise heat mitigation efforts for active travel at city scale In: Science of the Total Environment, 763, 1 - 39
- Butt, A.,Kroen, A.,Steele, W.,Duhr, S. (2021). Local government co-ordination: metropolitan governance in twenty-first century Australia In: AHURI Final Report, , 1 - 69
- Buxton, M.,Butt, A. (2020). The Future of the Fringe: the crisis in peri-urban planning, CSIRO, Melbourne, Australia
- Choice, G.,Butt, A. (2020). Making regions: localisation and the new periphery in emerging regional governance In: Australian Planner, 56, 114 - 124
- Middha, B.,Butt, A.,Li, T. (2020). Living Locally: Beveridge North West In: Resilient Melbourne, DELWP Melbourne, Australia
- Deilami, K.,Rudner, J.,Butt, A.,MacLeod, T.,Williams, G.,Romeijn, H.,Amati, M. (2020). Allowing Users to Benefit from Tree Shading: Using a Smartphone App to Allow Adaptive Route Planning during Extreme Heat In: Forests, 11, 1 - 15
- Middha, B.,Butt, A.,Li, T. (2020). Living Locally Beveridge North-West Volume I In: Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Melbourne, Australia
- Butt, A.,Middha, B.,Li, T. (2020). Living Locally Beveridge North-West Volume II :Consideration of, precinct structure planning and 20-minute neighbourhoods in greenfield areas In: Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Melbourne, Australia
- Giles-Corti, B.,Butt, A.,Zapata-Diomedi, B.,Gunn, L., et al, . (2020). Physical determinants of health: healthy, liveable and sustainable communities In: Medical Journal of Australia, 214, 17 - 21
1 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions1 PhD Current Supervisions
- Activating social connection to address isolation in Australia (externally led by Swinburne University of Technology). Funded by: ARC Linkage Project Grants 2020 from (2021 to 2024)
- Local Government Co-ordination: Metropolitan Governance in Twenty-first Century Australia. Funded by: AHURI Research Grants 2019 (CAT 1 Generic) from (2019 to 2023)
- Enabling active travel in Australian cities by mapping shadeways (Smart Active Transport - Urban Heat Maps for Bendigo). Funded by: Smart Cities and Suburbs Program - 2017 onwards from (2017 to 2020)