Andrew is an Associate Professor in Sustainability and Urban Planning in the School of Global, Urban and Social Studies (GUSS) and the Centre for Urban Research (CUR) at RMIT.
Andrew is a planning educator and researcher with a focus on rural and regional planning issues. He has a background in planning practice and his current research and supervision is in the area of land use change and planning policy associated with regional Australia, food systems and peri-urban development.
Publications at Google Scholar.
- PhD, La Trobe University
- Master of Environmental Studies, University of Melbourne
- BA (Urban Studies) Victoria University
- Buxton, M.,Butt, A. (2020). The Future of the Fringe: the crisis in peri-urban planning, CSIRO, Melbourne, Australia
- Choice, G.,Butt, A. (2020). Making regions: localisation and the new periphery in emerging regional governance In: Australian Planner, 56, 114 - 124
- Middha, B.,Butt, A.,Li, T. (2020). Living Locally: Beveridge North West In: Resilient Melbourne, DELWP Melbourne, Australia
- Deilami, K.,Rudner, J.,Butt, A.,MacLeod, T.,Williams, G.,Romeijn, H.,Amati, M. (2020). Allowing Users to Benefit from Tree Shading: Using a Smartphone App to Allow Adaptive Route Planning during Extreme Heat In: Forests, 11, 1 - 15
- Sun, C.,MacLeod, T.,Both, A.,Hurley, J.,Butt, A.,Amati, M. (2020). A human-centred assessment framework to prioritise heat mitigation efforts for active travel at city scale In: Science of the Total Environment, , 1 - 39
- Middha, B.,Butt, A.,Li, T. (2020). Living Locally Beveridge North-West Volume I In: Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Melbourne, Australia
- Butt, A.,Middha, B.,Li, T. (2020). Living Locally Beveridge North-West Volume II :Consideration of, precinct structure planning and 20-minute neighbourhoods in greenfield areas In: Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Melbourne, Australia
- Butt, A. (2019). Food security and planning In: The Routledge Companion to Rural Planning, Routledge, Abingdon, United Kingdom
- Butt, A.,Stephenson, C. (2019). Tiny houses and planning regulation for housing alternatives: the context of regional Victoria In: Australian Planner, 55, 157 - 163
- Butt, A.,Amati, M.,Sun, Q.,Deilami, K. (2019). Planning shadeways in Bendigo: an example of digital planning to adapt to extreme heat In: Proceedings of the 9th State of Australian Cities National Conference (SOAC 2019), Perth, Australia, 3 - 5 December 2019
1 PhD Completions1 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
- Local Government Co-ordination: Metropolitan Governance in Twenty-first Century Australia. Funded by: AHURI Research Grants 2019 (CAT 1 Generic) from (2019 to 2020)
- Enabling active travel in Australian cities by mapping shadeways (Smart Active Transport - Urban Heat Maps for Bendigo). Funded by: Smart Cities and Suburbs Program - 2017 onwards from (2017 to 2020)