Dr Cam is a Finance academic specialised in asset pricing and managed funds. She participates in cross-disciplinary projects in the area of behavioural economics and crypto economics.
Marie-Anne is a Finance researcher with a background in asset pricing. She conducts empirical studies on equity and pension funds (superannuation) and participates in cross-disciplinary research project applying her expertise in research area such as corporate governance and behavioural economics. Her work is mainly empirical and usually has industry applications.
- Enhancing transnational business students' work-readiness and employability using sustainable approach of WIL and work related simulations via multiple channels and locations with Fard, F., Tan, M., Li, L., Gangemi, M., Islam., S., funded by RMIT Learning and Teaching Investment Fund (LTIF) from (2016 to 2016).
- Superannuation Fund Management Disclosure, with Tan, M., Funded by Australian Centre for Financial Studies Research Grants 2015 from (2016 to 2016).
- Is More Information Always Better? A behavioural study on superfunds optimal disclosure design. with Tan, M., Camilleri, A., Hofman, R., funded by Australian Centre for Financial Studies Research Grants 2015 from (2016 to 2017).
- 2012 $18,000 Australian Centre for Financial Studies Research Grant. “Theory and evidence of the effectiveness of audit committee“ with Dr Vijay Marisetty, Dr Terrence Hallahan and Dr Monica Tan.
Awards and Distinctions
- 2015 "Collaborative learning and teaching Award", RMIT, School of Economic, Finance and Marketing
- 2010, 2011 and 2012: "Good Teaching Score achievement award undergraduate.", RMIT, School of Economics, Finance and Marketing teaching award
- 2003-2007: RMIT Business Portfolio PhD Scholarship.
Course coordinator and Lecturer for Portfolio Management BAFI3178 (Postgraduate)
- Money Markets and Fixed Income Securities (Postgraduate)
- Financial Markets (Undergraduate)
- Research Issues in Finance (Postgraduate)
- Member of the Dealing Room Committee, School of economics, Finance and marketing.
- Peer reviewer for RMIT Education portfolio
Reviewer for Accounting and Finance, Australian Journal of Management, Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Australian Journal or Management, Annual meeting of the Eastern Finance Association, Financial Markets and Corporate Governance conference.
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia. 2011
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Finance. Thesis title: The Impact of Terrorist Attacks on Financial Market, RMIT University, Australia, 2008.
- Master of Finance. RMIT University, Australia, 2003.
- Bachelor of Arts, major in International Economics. American University of Paris, France, 2001
- Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ)
- Camilleri, A.,Cam, M.,Hoffmann, J. (2019). Nudges and signposts: The effect of smart defaults and pictographic risk information on retirement saving investment choices In: Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, , 1 - 19
- Cam, M.,Bora Ramiah, V. (2014). The influence of systematic risk factors and econometric adjustments in catastrophic event studies In: Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 42, 1 - 19
- Tan, G.,Cam, M. (2014). Does governance structure influence pension fund fees and costs? An examination of Australian not-for-profit superannuation funds In: Australian Journal of Management, 40, 114 - 134
- Tan, G.,Cam, M. (2013). Explaining pension fund product and governance disclosure in Australia In: Australasian Accounting Business and Finance Journal, 7, 49 - 67
- Sabet, S.,Cam, M.,Heaney, R. (2012). Share market reaction to the BP oil spill and the US government moratorium on exploration In: Australian Journal of Management, 37, 61 - 76
- Nguyen, T.,Tan, G.,Cam, M. (2012). Fund governance, fees and performance in Australian corporate superannuation funds: a non-parametric analysis In: Journal of Law and Financial Management, 11, 2 - 23
- Tan, G.,Cam, M. (2011). Voluntary disclosure, trustee governance and background in Australian superannuation funds In: JASSA, 2, 28 - 35
- Tan, G.,Cam, M. (2011). Trustee governance, directors background and voluntary disclosure: A survey of Australian superannuation industry funds In: Proceedings of the 2011 Accounting and finance Association of Australia and New Zealand Conference, Darwin, Australia, 3-5 July 2011
- Cam, M. (2011). The short-term impact of direct exposure to terrorist attacks: The case of the World Trade Center tenants and September 11 In: FMA Asian Conference, Queenstown, New Zealand, 6-8 April 2011
- Bora Ramiah, V.,Cam, M.,Calabro, M.,Maher, D.,SHAHAB, G. (2010). Changes in equity returns and volatility across different Australian industries following the recent terrorist attacks In: Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 18, 64 - 76
- Superannuation Fund Management Disclosure. Funded by: Australian Centre for Financial Studies Research Grants 2015 from (2016 to 2016)
- Is More Information Always Better? A behavioural study on superfunds optimal disclosure design.. Funded by: Australian Centre for Financial Studies Research Grants 2015 Round 2 from (2016 to 2017)
- On the scope and effectiveness of corporate audit committee: theory and evidence. Funded by: Australian Centre for Financial Studies Grant pre-2014 from (2011 to 2015)
- Superannuation Fund Management, Governance and Performance in Australian Industry Funds. Funded by: Australian Centre for Financial Studies Grant pre-2014 from (2010 to 2010)
4 PhD Current Supervisions