Position: Associate Professor Marketing
College / Portfolio: Business
School / Department: Economics, Finance and Marketing
Campus: Melbourne City Campus
Contact me about: Research supervision
- GBS PVC’s annual Research Excellence Awards in the category of Research Team, including AUD7,5000, Griffith University, 2012.
- Provost Award for Best Teaching and Innovation in teaching, including a price grant of Dhrs 2500, American University in Dubai, 2009.
- Best paper award in the consumer behavior track at the Academy of Marketing Science Conference, Baltimore, Maryland, May 20-23, 2009.
- Best paper award in the virtue of marketing track at the Academy of Marketing 38th Annual Conference, Cheltenham, UK: July 5-9, 2004.
- Best overall paper award at the Academy of Marketing 38th Annual Conference, Cheltenham, UK: July 5-9, 2004.
- American Marketing Association Seth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota, June 26-29, 2003.
- Bell Doctoral Fellowship: Competitively awarded to outstanding doctoral candidates based on academic accomplishment and progress in the marketing doctoral program, 2000-2003.
- Awarded teaching/research assistantship to pursue doctoral studies, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AK, US, 2000-2003.
Selected Encyclopedia Entries:
- Cherrier, Hélène and Russel Belk (2014). “De-Cluttering.“ The Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Consumption and Consumer Studies.
- Cherrier, H. (2017). Food capacity in alternative food markets: visceral encounters, bodily interactions and contagious magic In: Journal of Marketing Management, 33, 602 - 623
- Arli, D.,Cherrier, H.,Tjiptono, F. (2016). God blesses those who wear Prada: Exploring the impact of religiousness on attitudes toward luxury among the youth of Indonesia In: Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 34, 61 - 79
- Gurrieri, L.,Grave-Govan, J.,Cherrier, H. (2016). Controversial advertising: Transgressing the taboo of gender-based violence In: European Journal of Marketing, 50, 1448 - 1469
- Cherrier, H.,Belk, R. (2015). Setting the conditions for going global: Dubai's transformations and the Emirati women In: Journal of Marketing Management, 31, 317 - 335
- Cherrier, H. (2015). Material presence and the detox delusion: Insights from social nudism In: Journal of Consumer Affairs, 50, 100 - 123
- Cherrier, H.,Gurrieri, L. (2014). Framing social marketing as a system of interaction: A neo-institutional approach to alcohol abstinence In: Journal of Marketing Management, 30, 607 - 633
- Arli, D.,Cherrier, H.,Lasmono, H. (2014). The Gods can help: Exploring the effect of religiosity on youth risk-taking behavior in Indonesia In: Proceedings of the American Marketing Association's Winter Marketing Educators Conference 2014: Engaging Customers, Orlando, United States, 21-23 February 2014
- Cherrier, H.,Ture, M.,Ozcaglar-Toulouse, N. (2014). Considering the human properties of the non-humans: An analysis of pragmatogony in dispossession stories In: Research in Consumer Behavior, Emerald Insight, United States
- Brosius, N.,Fernandez, K.,Cherrier, H. (2013). Reacquiring consumer waste: treasure in our trash? In: Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, 32, 286 - 301
- Arli, D.,Cherrier, H.,Lasmono, H. (2013). The effect of religiosity on youth risk-taking behavior in Indonesia Country: implications for public policy and social marketing interventions In: Proceedings of the 2013 Australia New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference, Auckland, New Zealand, 1-4 December 2013
- Wicked Problems in Consumer Research Workshop. Funded by: University of Minnesota Research Grant pre-2014 from (2015 to 2016)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
3 PhD Current Supervisions
Market system dynamics, Anti-consumption, Collaborative consumption, Sustainable designs, Consumer resistance, Dispossession, Non-human agency, and embodiment.