Andrea Chester is Professor and Dean of Education at RMIT University, leading a team across the disciplines of Education and Early Childhood Education as well as the RMIT Urban School.
Andrea is a Principal Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy and has been recognised nationally for innovative teaching. She has more than 25 years’ experience in the university sector. With a PhD in psychology, she has a background in psychology education and practice which informs her leadership, teaching and research. Her research focuses on how partnerships (between students, between staff, and between students and staff) can improve learning and wellbeing.
Previously Andrea was the Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor, Learning & Teaching in the College of Design and Social Context.
- Badoer, E.,Hollings, Y.,Chester, A. (2020). (In Press) Professional networking for undergraduate students: a scaffolded approach In: Journal of Further and Higher Education, , 1 - 14
- Brigden, C.,Fricker, A.,Johnson, R.,Chester, A. (2020). Speaking Together: Reflections on Reconciliation, Yarning Circles, and Signature Pedagogies In: Tertiary Education in a Time of Change, Springer, Singapore
- Saunders, P.,Chester, A.,Xenos, S. (2020). University student peer tutoring: A pilot program to improve learning for both tutors and tutees In: Championing cutting-edge 21st century mentoring and learning models and approaches, Brill Sense, Netherlands
- Nguyen, L.,Chester, A.,Herbert, A.,Lugg, A. (2020). First year transition through a cultural lens: Face strategies of Vietnamese students. In: Student Success, 11, 82 - 90
- Johnston, A.,Baik, C.,Chester, A. (2020). Peer review of teaching in Australian higher education: a systematic review In: Higher Education Research & Development, , 1 - 15
- Holdsworth, S.,Thomas, I.,Wong, P.,Sandri, O.,Boulet, M.,Chester, A.,McLaughlin, T. (2019). Graduate attribute for minimising environmental harm � Assessing effectiveness in the graduates� workplaces In: Journal of Cleaner Production, 211, 396 - 407
- Holdsworth, S.,Thomas, I.,Sandri, O.,Chester, A.,McLaughlin, T. (2019). Producing sustainability professionals: Assessing graduate attributes in sustainability In: Producing sustainability professionals: Assessing graduate attributes in sustainability Canberra, Australia
- Chester, A.,Johnston, A.,Clarke, A. (2019). Partnerships for Learning and Belonging in Tertiary Education: A Social Capital Analysis In: Transformations in Tertiary Education, Springer, Singapore
- Holdsworth, S.,Sandri, O.,Thomas, I.,Wong, P.,Chester, A.,McLaughlin, T. (2019). The assessment of graduate sustainability attributes in the workplace: Potential advantages of using the theory of planned behaviour (TPB) In: Journal of Cleaner Production, 238, 1 - 10
- Holdsworth, S.,Sandri, O.,Thomas, I.,Wong, S.,Chester, A.,McLaughlin, P. (2019). The use of the theory of planned behaviour to assess graduate attributes for sustainability In: Environmental Education Research, 26, 275 - 295
3 PhD Current Supervisions8 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions
- Building resilience: developing a resilience toolkit for employability in built environment graduates: Administered by University of Newcastle. Funded by: Department of Education and Training Victoria Research Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2017)
- Producing sustainability professionals: Assessing graduate attributes in sustainability. Funded by: Office for Learning and Teaching Grant 2015 from (2015 to 2017)
- The Global Canopy: linking international inbound students with domestic outbound students for improved learning and global connections. Funded by: Office for Learning and Teaching Grant 2014 from (2014 to 2016)
- Developing a Course Handover Tool to support new Course Coordinators. Administered by the University of South Australia.. Funded by: DIICCSRTE Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT) Research Contracts from (2014 to 2015)
- Transition in, transition out (TiTo): Peer mentoring for sustainable development of first and third year psychology students. Funded by: Australian Learning & Teaching Council from (2011 to 2013)