Ian Clarkson is an Associate Lecturer teaching students in the disciplines of property valuation and development.
Research interests include the effect of flooding on values; carbon credits and how these may influence rural holdings; and the changing valuation practice and skills for Valuers, particularly in rural settings. He is undertaking a Masters in Research in rural valuation practice and these changing environs.
- Fellow of Australian Property Institute
- Member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
Ian Clarkson is a reasonably recent convert to academia after being a practising Valuer in both government and private organisations. Registered as a Valuer in 1989 after studying at Queensland Agricultural College, Ian was advanced to a Fellow of the Australian Property Institute in 2007and remains a Certified Practising Valuer consulting on valuations.
Throughout his career he completed a wide variety of market and mortgage security valuations in the commercial, retail, industrial, residential and rural fields and whilst he spent a number of years in Brisbane, has spent the majority of his time practising in regional areas of Queensland as a practice owner or area manager. He has also conducted various asset valuation contracts for government owners in plant, equipment, community housing and property assets
Ian has provided valuations for the Land Court, Family Law Court, District Court and Supreme Court for use in litigation matters.
Email for other times.
- Small, G.,Newby, L.,Clarkson, I. (2013). Opinion versus reality: Flood-affected property values in Rockhampton, Australia In: 19th Annual Pacific Rim Real Estate Society Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 13-16 January 2013
- Clarkson, I. (2012). Will a carbon price change private farm forestry in Australia? In: 18th Pacific Rim Real Estate Society Conference, Adelaide, Australia, 15-18 January 2012
- Small, G.,Clarkson, I.,Newby, L. (2012). Life cycle costs and property values for lood affected houses: The evidence from Depot Hill, Rockhampton In: 37th Annual Conference of Australasian University Building Educators Association, Sydney, Australia, 4-6 July 2012