Dr Ling Mei Cong is the Deputy Dean, Learning and Teaching in Graduate School of Business and Law (GSBL), RMIT University. She coordinates and teaches accounting courses in the EMBA and MBA programs. Her research interests are mainly in corporate governance, financial reporting quality, sustainability reporting and capital market research.
Ling Mei is currently the Deputy Dean, Learning and Teaching in Graduate School of Business and Law. She has a passion for innovative teaching and digital pedagogies. Ling Mei has around 20 years of experience at the tertiary level in the Asia Pacific region. The subjects she taught received high student satisfaction rates. She achieved a number of teaching awards during her teaching career. For example, the most recent project she co-led on developing MBA students' interpersonal skills won her the 2019 College of Business L&T Impact Award at RMIT. In 2017 She won a Teaching with Technology Award and received the Open University of Australia Commendation for being an online global performance leader. She is currently leading a project on the development of a virtual assistant in collaboration with industry leaders.
Her prior leadership experience includes the Program Manager of Master of Corporate Accounting at Curtin University from 2010 – 2014 and Acting MBA Director at RMIT in 2017. She serves on the Academic Board at RMIT University.
Ling Mei is a Fellow of the ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) and she has industry experience in auditing. Her research interests are in corporate governance, financial reporting quality, sustainability reporting and capital market research. She has published in ERA and ABDC ranked academic journals with a recent article accepted in an ABDC 'A' ranked journal. She has been invited to conduct research seminars in other universities such as University of Technology Sydney. She has successfully completed the supervision of five HDR students over past years.
Course Coordination and Teaching
- BUSM4126/4129 Accounting for Business Decisions
- BUSM4154/4344 Financial Analytics for Managerial Decision
- Corporate governance
- Financial reporting quality
- Capital market research
- Sustainability reporting
- PhD (Curtin), FCCA
- Fellow Member of ACCA
- Cong, L. (2020). Successful Factors for Adoption of Synchronous Tools in Online Teaching at Scale In: Tertiary Education in a Time of Change, Springer Nature, Singapore
- Zhou, M.,Leenders, M.,Cong, L. (2018). Ownership in the virtual world and the implications for long-term user innovation success In: Technovation, 78, 56 - 65
- Gao, J.,Cong, L.,Evans, J. (2015). Earnings management, IPO underpricing and post-issue stock performance of Chinese SMEs In: The Chinese Economy, 48, 351 - 371
- Cong, L.,Matolcsy, Z. (2014). Does CEO pay capping regulation work for Chinese state owned enterprises In: Proceedings of the Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand Conference (AFAANZ 2014), Auckland, New Zealand, 6-8 July 2014
- Cong, L. (2013). Earnings quality and corporate governance bonding In: Corporate Ownership and Control, 10, 183 - 194
- Cong, L. (2013). Foreign primary listings and earnings quality In: International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, 104, 86 - 100
- Cong, L.,Wang, Q.,Evans, J. (2012). Determinants of excessive executive compensation In: Corporate Board, Role, Duties and Composition, 8, 32 - 47
1 PhD Completions2 PhD Current Supervisions