Ms Christine Craik
Christine is a lecturer in the Bachelor of Social Work (Honours), Bachelor of Social Work (Honours)/Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology) and the Masters of Social Work. Christine's areas of expertise include domestic and family abuse, trauma and crisis work.
Christine lectures in the Bachelor of Social Work (Honours), the Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) / Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology) and the Masters of Social Work in the School of Global, Urban and Social Studies.
She coordinates the following courses:
- HWSS2158 Working with Violence and Abuse (undergraduate)
- HWSS2159 Working with Violence and Abuse (postgraduate)
- HWSS1135 - Casework and Advocacy
- 2022 - submission of PhD
- 1997: MA (Social Science - Policy and Management), RMIT University
- 1995: Cert IV Assessment and Training, Preston TAFE
- 1991: BSW, Phillip Institute (PIT) Victoria
- 2021: Family Violence Acceditation, Australian Association of Social Workers
- 2013–2014: Australian Institute of Company Directors Program
Christine is a Family Violence Accredited Social Worker and has been a social worker for over 30 years. She has worked in roles from housing through to trauma debriefing. Much of her work has been working in crisis situations, including crisis and response work in hospitals and health settings, with women and children experiencing with family violence and/or child sexual abuse, Christine developed and teaches the ‘Working with Violence and Abuse’ subject. Christine is the immediate past National President of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW). Christine also volunteers as a survivor/advocate for Safe Steps where she shares her lived experience to assist in policy formation etc.
Christine has just submitted her PhD focusing on the extent, models and impacts of routine screening with women for domestic violence in emergency departments of Australian public hospitals.
- Maylea, C.,Roberts, R.,Craik, C. (2020). The Role of Social Workers in Improving the Physical Health of People Who Use Mental Health Services In: Australian Social Work, 73, 490 - 498
- Fraser, H.,Craik, C. (2009). Addressing violence and abuse in a gendered world In: Critical Social Work: Theories and Practices for a Socially Just World, Allen and Unwin, Crows Nest, NSW, Australia
1 PhD Current Supervisions