Dr. Catherine Deen is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at RMIT’s College of Business and Law.
Dr. Catherine Deen is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at RMIT’s College of Business and Law. She completed her PhD in Education at De La Salle University (Philippines) and is a PhD Candidate in Business (Organisational Behaviour) at the Australian National University. After more than 15 years serving as an educational administrator, Catherine shifted gears and returned to academia in 2019.
Catherine’s research falls under two key areas: (1) the impact of various forms of control on work and well-being specifically intimate partner aggression and micromanagement, and (2) the vocational experiences of vulnerable workers. Dr. Deen's research has been published in the Journal of Organizational Behavior, Journal of Vocational Behavior, and Journal of Career Assessment.
Research themes and interests
- Intimate partner aggression
- Inclusion and vulnerable workers
- Dark side of human behaviour in organisations
For more information on Catherine Deen, please visit her ORCID.
- Member, Academy of Management
- Member, Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management
- Member, Society of Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- Fellow, Psychological Association of the Philippines
- Deen, C. M., He, Y., Gregg, H., Restubog, S. L. D., O’Leary-Kelly, A. (2022). Intimate partner aggression and work: An integrative review and an agenda for future research. Journal of Organizational Behavior.
- Deen, C. M., Chen, Y.Y., Restubog, S.L.D., Garcia, P.J.M., He, Y., & Cayayan, P. (2021). To engage or to quit: Work consequences of intimate partner aggression and the mitigating role of career adaptability. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 131, 103641.
- Restubog, S. L. D., Deen, C. M., Decoste, A., & He, Y. (2021). From vocational scholars to social justice advocates: Challenges and opportunities for vocational psychology research on the vulnerable workforce. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 126, 103561.
- Cai, H., Ocampo, A. C. G., Restubog, S. L. D., Kiazad, K., Deen, C. M., & Li, M. (2018). Career commitment in STEM: A moderated mediation model of inducements, expected contributions, and organizational commitment. Journal of Career Assessment, 26(2), 359–376.
- Ph.D candidate in Business (Organisational Behaviour), The Australian National University
- Ph.D in Education, De La Salle University Manila
- M.A. in Psychology, Ateneo De Manila University
- B.A. in Psychology cum laude, De La Salle University Manila
- Registered Psychology, Philippines
- Certified Specialist in Educational Psychology, Philippines
- Deen, C.,He, Y.,Gregg, H.,Restubog, S.,O'Leary-Kelly, A. (2022). Intimate partner aggression and work: An interdisciplinary review and agenda for future research In: Journal of Organizational Behavior, 43, 236 - 259