RMIT University is committed to addressing the Gap in Indigenous health. My role in the School of Health and Biomedical Sciences is to coordinate activites (such as clinical placements, Indigenous knowledges, cultural competencies) and work with other RMIT officers on policies and procedures that best address that Gap.
My teaching interests include Indigenous health, leadership in health care settings, and research (mixed methods).
My research is around Indigenous mental health, Indigenous leadership and research, and I am a collaborator with the Global Burden of Diseases project (from the World Health Organisation and the University of Washington).
- Grad Dip Applied Science (Clinical Drug Dependence Studies), University of Newcastle, 1992
- M. Indigenous Health, University of Wollongong, 1996
- BA(Psyc), (honours), University of Newcastle, 1998
- Grad Cert Indigenous Mental Health, University of Southern Queensland, 2009
- MSc (Evidence Based Social Interventions), University of Oxford, 2013
- Grad Cert Indigenous Research & Leadership, University of Melbourne, 2014
- PhD (Current), National Centre of Indigenous Studies, Australian National University
- M Leadership in Health Care (Current), Southern Cross University
- Doyle, K.,Hungerford, C.,Cleary, M. (2017). A study of intra-racial exclusion within Australian Indigenous communities using eco-maps In: International Journal of Mental Health Nursing, 26, 129 - 141
- Doyle, K.,Sainsbury, K.,Cleary, S.,Parkinson, L.,Vindigni, D.,McGrath, I.,Cruickshank, M. (2017). Happy to help/happy to be here: Identifying components of successful clinical placements for undergraduate nursing students In: Nurse Education Today, 49, 27 - 32
- Doyle, K.,Cleary, M.,Blanchard, D.,Hungerford, C. (2017). The Yerin Dilly Bag Model of Indigenist health research In: Qualitative Health Research, 27, 1288 - 1301
- Doyle, K.,Zhang, A. (2017). Smoking prevalence and attributable disease burden in 195 countries and territories, 1990-2015: a systematic analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015 In: Lancet, 389, 1885 - 1906
- Vindigni, D.,Polus, B.,Cleary, S.,Doyle, K. (2017). Chiropractors' experience and readiness to work in Indigenous Australian Communities: a preliminary cross-sectional survey to explore preparedness, perceived barriers and facilitators for chiropractors practising cross-culturally In: Chiropractic and Manual Therapies, 25, 1 - 9
- Doyle, K. (2017). Healthcare Access and Quality Index based on mortality from causes amenable to personal health care in 195 countries and territories, 1990-2015: a novel analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015 In: Lancet, 390, 231 - 266
- Moradi-Lakeh, M.,El Bcheraoui, E.,Khalil, I.,Doyle, K.,Lin Zhang, A. et al, . (2017). (In Press) Diabetes mellitus and chronic kidney disease in the Eastern Mediterranean Region: findings from the Global Burden of Disease 2015 study In: International Journal of Public Health, , 1 - 10
- Moradi-Lakeh, M.,Charara, R.,El Bcheraoui, E.,Doyle, Kerrie, et al, . (2017). (In Press) Intentional injuries in the Eastern Mediterranean Region, 1990-2015: findings from the Global Burden of Disease 2015 study In: International Journal of Public Health, , 1 - 8
- Forouzanfad, M.,Afshin, A.,Alexander, L.,et al, . (2016). Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 79 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks, 1990-2015: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015 In: The Lancet, 388, 1659 - 1724
- Kassebaum, N.,Arora, M.,Barber, R.,et al, . (2016). Global, regional, and national disability-adjusted life-years (DALYs) for 315 diseases and injuries and healthy life expectancy (HALE), 1990-2015: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015 In: The Lancet, 388, 1603 - 1658