Dr Gibson is Course Coordinator of Business Research Design and of Leadership and Ethics in the Executive MBA Program for the Graduate School of Business and Law. He is also the Wellness Coordinator for the Graduate School of Business and Law
- Senior Lecturer, Graduate School of Business and Law
- Coordinator of Leadership and Ethics in the Executive MBA.
- Coordinator of Business Research Design in the Executive MBA.
- First supervisor of 9 successful PhD theses
- First supervisor of twelve successful DBA theses
- Currently first supervisor for one full time and four part time PhD candidates
- Examiner of twelve DBA theses and four PhD theses
Awards and Prizes
- 2018 Graduate School of Business and Law award for Teaching and Technology
- 2013 College of Business Learning and Teaching Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2012 RMIT University Teaching and Research Award for programs that enhance learning in postgraduate education
- 2012 College of Business Learning and Teaching Award for postgraduate education
- 2012 Business College Research Excellence Award for Best HDR Supervisor
- 2012 College of Business Learning and Teaching Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2012 Graduate School of Business and Law Teaching Award
- 2011 College of Business and Graduate School of Business and Law Certificate of Achievement for teaching excellence
- Winner of the outstanding student award in 2001, Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship, Doctoral Completion (PhD)
- PhD on Career and Identity (Swinburne) 2001.
- Master of Business (research) in Organisational Behaviour (Swinburne) 1994. Topic:Organisational Culture and Management Education.
- Graduate Diploma in Education (Bendigo) 1980.
- BA (Hons) Monash University, 1979.
- MBTI Accredited (APP)
- Afshari, L.,Young, S.,Gibson, P.,Karimi, L. (2020). Organizational commitment: exploring the role of identity In: Personnel Review, 49, 774 - 790
- Alrofiai, F.,Bellingham, J.,Gibson, P. (2019). (In Press) Realism and Resilience: An Inquiry Into the Helpfulness of Adopting an Existential Outlook In: Psychological Reports, , 1 - 23
- Afshari, L.,Gibson, P. (2016). How to increase organizational commitment through transactional leadership In: Leadership and Organization Development Journal, 37, 507 - 519
- Bellingham, J.,Gibson, P. (2016). The influence of Gulf States' culture upon workplace behaviour and motivation: A research program In: International Journal of Business and Globalisation, 16, 171 - 187
- Afshari, L.,Gibson, P. (2015). Development of organizational commitment and value internalization In: World Journal of Management, 6, 187 - 198
- Afshari, L.,Gibson, P. (2015). Why culture matters to leadership, motivation, and willing organizational commitment? In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Management Leadership and Governance (ICMLG 2015), Auckland, New Zealand, 12-13 February 2015
- Lai, A.,Gibson, P.,Muthaly, S. (2014). Becoming an education provider of choice in Hong Kong: an inquiry into student decision making In: International Journal of Educational Management, 28, 590 - 609
- Gibson, P.,Seibold, S. (2014). Understanding and influencing eco-luxury consumers In: International Journal of Social Economics, 41, 780 - 800
- Deng, L.,Gibson, P. (2009). Mapping and modeling the capacities that underlie effective cross-cultural leadership: An interpretive study with practical outcomes In: Cross-cultural Management: an International Journal, 16, 347 - 366
- Deng, L.,Gibson, P. (2008). A qualitative evaluation on the role of cultural intelligence in cross-cultural leadership In: International Journal of Leadership Studies, 3, 181 - 197
First supervisor of 11 successful PhD theses
First supervisor of twelve successful DBA theses
13 PhD Completions7 PhD Current Supervisions