Kathleen Griffiths has been a lecturer in the School of Economics, Finance and Marketing at RMIT University, Melbourne, since 2000. Prior to joining RMIT, Kathleen was at Monash University in the School of Marketing for two years. Kathleen held various senior corporate roles in marketing, logistics and training at Jacqui E (a member of the Just Group of Companies), Daimaru Melbourne and Myer before becoming an academic. Her corporate experience spans more than 17 years.
Kathleen’s research interests include international marketing, experiential education in Marketing and the influence of online channels on shopping rituals.
- Master of Business Administration 1987, “An Analysis of Organisational Change – A case study of Myer Stores Ltd“
- Master of Education 2011, “The Effect of an English language support CD on students results in an Asian environment“
Work in Progress
- “Competitive Experiential Learning for Marketing Students – The Brandstorm Case“ Griffiths, K, Steel, M., International Marketing Education Journal, expected reply end 2013.
- “Effect of ESL support CD on Learning Outcomes“ Griffiths, K & Steel, M. Journal of Marketing Education expected reply end 2013.
Onshore Teaching Commitments Undergraduate
- MKTG1061 Global Marketing (Coordinator and Lecturer)
Onshore Teaching Commitments Postgraduate
- BUSM1588 International Marketing
Offshore Teaching Commitments
- MKTG1064 Global Marketing – Singapore (Coordinator and Lecturer)
- MKTG1231 Global Marketing – Shanghai Institute of Foreign Trade University (Coordinator and Lecturer)
- MKTG1259 Global Marketing – Vietnam (Coordinator)
Kathleen is also the Academic Manager for RMIT’s Work Integrated Learning (WIL) year for Marketing students. She also co-ordinates the L'Oreal Brandstorm Marketing competition for the RMIT students each year, and was lucky enough to accompany the winning Australian team to Paris to compete in the International Finals in both 2012 and 2013. Kathleen was a recipient of two teaching awards in 2005 for the work done by the Business Faculty’s WIL team in enhancing the quality of teaching and learning at RMIT. She has also collected Good Teaching Awards every year since 2007. Kathleen has been a visiting lecturer in Lille, France as well as being a regular visiting lecturer in Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai.
- Currently enrolled in Doctor of Philosophy (Marketing) Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University
- Master of Education (2011) Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University
- Master of Business Administration (1987) Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University
- Bachelor of Economics (1979) Monash University
- Griffiths, K.,Chung, E.,Steel, M. (2016). Experiential learning for Marketing students in a time of learner disengagement: Is there a role for competition? In: Proceedings of the 2016 Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference (ANZMAC 2016), Christchurch, New Zealand, 5-7 December 2016
- Kotabe, M.,Marshall, A.,Ang, S.,Griffiths, K.,Voola, R.,Robert, R.,Helsen, K. (2014). Logistics: sourcing and distribution In: International Marketing 4th Asia-Pacific edition, Wiley, Australia
- Griffiths, K.,Dobele, A. (2009). The peer review process: How often do blind reviewers agree in their final recommendation? In: The Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference Handbook, Melbourne, Australia, November 30 - December 2 2009
- Kotabe, M.,Rige, A.,Griffiths, K.,Noble, G.,Ang, S.,Pecotich, A.,Helsen, K. (2008). International marketing research In: International Marketing, John Wiley and Sons, Australia
- Kotabe, M.,Rige, A.,Griffiths, K.,Noble, G.,Ang, S.,Pecotich, A.,Helsen, K. (2008). Market selection and entry strategies In: International Marketing, John Wiley and Sons, Australia
- Kotabe, M.,Rige, A.,Griffiths, K.,Noble, G.,Ang, S.,Pecotich, A.,Helsen, K. (2008). Export and import management In: International Marketing, John Wiley and Sons, Australia
- Kotabe, M.,Rige, A.,Griffiths, K.,Noble, G.,Ang, S.,Pecotich, A.,Helsen, K. (2008). International Pricing In: International Marketing, John Wiley and Sons, Australia
- Griffiths, K. (2008). Towards more student centred learning in Hong Kong since Chinese rule In: Marketing: Shifting the Focus from Mainstream to Offbeat, Sydney, Australia, 1-3 December, 2008
- James, T.,Griffiths, K.,Smyrnios, K. (2005). Mobile Marketing: A Multivariate Study of Young Adult Consumers In: Marketing in an Inter-connected World: Opportunities and Challenges, , 6-9 July, 2005
- Wilson, B.,James, T.,Griffiths, K.,Smyrnios, K. (2004). Mobile Marketing: The Role of Permission and Attitude on Purchase Intentions In: Proceedings of the Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference, Wellington, New Zealand, 29 November to 1 December, 2004