Dr Gu's research interests are in the areas of mobile and pervasive computing, wireless sensor networks, distributed network systems, big data analytics, and online social networks. His publications appear in top-tier journals, including IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, and top-tier conferences, including PerCom, UbiComp, INFOCOM, and ICNP.
More information about Dr Gu can be found on his personal website.
Dr Gu is currently an Associate Professor in the School of Computer Science and Information Technology.
Prior to joining RMIT, he was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Southern Denmark. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from National University of Singapore in 2005, his M.S. degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 2001, and his B.Eng. degree in Automatic Control from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 1990. He is a member of the IEEE and the ACM.
- Chen, G.,Dong, W.,Zhao, Z.,Gu, T. (2019). Accurate Corruption Estimation in ZigBee Under Cross-Technology Interference In: IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 18, 2243 - 2256
- Rahman, M.,Khalil, I.,Yi, X.,Gu, T. (2019). A Novel Privacy Preserving Search Technique for Stego Data in Untrusted Cloud In: Proceedings of the 52nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2019), Maui, Hawaii, 8-11 January 2019
- Xia, X.,Li, S.,Zhang, Y.,Li, B.,Zheng, Y.,Gu, T. (2019). Enabling Out-of-Band Coordination of Wi-Fi Communications on Smartphones In: IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 27, 518.0 - 531.0
- Xu, X.,Zhao, C.,Ye, T.,Gu, T. (2019). Minimum cost deployment of bistatic radar sensor for perimeter barrier coverage In: Sensors, 19, 1 - 29
- Xia, X.,Zheng, Y.,Gu, T. (2019). FTrack: Parallel Decoding for LoRa Transmissions In: Proceedings of the 17th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys 2019), New York, United States, 10-13 November 2019
- Guan, G.,Dong, W.,Zhang, J.,Gao, Y.,Gu, T.,Bu, J. (2019). Queec: QoE-aware Edge Computing for Complex IoT Event Processing under Dynamic Workloads In: Proceedings of the 2019 Turing Celebration Conference - China (ACM TURC 2019), Chengdu, China, 17-19 May 2019.
- Wang, Y.,Cai, W.,Gu, T.,Shao, W. (2019). (In Press) Your Eyes Reveal Your Secrets: An Eye Movement Based Password Inference on Smartphone In: IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), , 1 - 16
- Yin, Y.,Xie, L.,Gu, T.,Lu, Y.,Lu, S. (2019). AirContour: Building Contour-based Model for in-Air Writing Gesture Recognition In: ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks (TOSN), 15, 1 - 25
- Dinh, N.,Gu, T.,Kim, Y. (2019). Rendezvous Cost-aware Opportunistic Routing in Heterogeneous Duty-cycled Wireless Sensor Networks In: IEEE Access, 7, 121825 - 121840
- Ye, H.,Sheng, L.,Gu, T.,Huang, A. (2019). SELoc: Collect Your Location Data Using only a Barometer Sensor In: IEEE Access, 7, 88705 - 88717
5 PhD Current Supervisions
- Decimetre-level Indoor Positioning on Wi-Fi. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2019 from (2019 to 2021)
- Non-intrusive human activity sensing with radio signals. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2018 from (2018 to 2021)
- Device-free Bluetooth Indoor Localisation for Internet of Things. Funded by: Lux Smart Pty Ltd from (2018 to 2019)