Dr Gu's research interests are in the areas of mobile and pervasive computing, wireless sensor networks, distributed network systems, big data analytics, and online social networks. His publications appear in top-tier journals, including IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, and top-tier conferences, including PerCom, UbiComp, INFOCOM, and ICNP.
More information about Dr Gu can be found on his personal website.
Dr Gu is currently an Associate Professor in the School of Computer Science and Information Technology.
Prior to joining RMIT, he was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Southern Denmark. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from National University of Singapore in 2005, his M.S. degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 2001, and his B.Eng. degree in Automatic Control from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 1990. He is a member of the IEEE and the ACM.
- Wang, L.,Gu, T.,Tao, X.,Lu, J. (2017). Toward a wearable RFID system for real-time activity recognition using radio patterns In: IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 16, 228 - 242
- Li, J.,Li, S.,Zhang, Y.,Gu, T.,Law, Y.,Yang, Z.,Zhou, X.,Palaniswami, M. (2017). An analytical model for coding-based reprogramming protocols in lossy wireless sensor networks In: IEEE Transactions on Computers, 66, 24 - 37
- Xia, X.,Li, S.,Zhang, Y.,Li, L.,Gu, T.,Liu, Y.,Pan, Y. (2017). Surviving screen-off battery through out-of-band Wi-Fi coordination In: Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications, United States, 1-4 May 2017
- Zhao, Z.,Dong, W.,Bu, J.,Gu, T.,Min, G. (2017). Accurate and generic sender selection for bulk data dissemination in wireless sensor networks In: IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN), 25, 948 - 959
- Zhu, X.,Tao, X.,Gu, T.,Lu, J. (2017). ReLog: A systematic approach for supporting efficient reprogramming in wireless sensor networks In: Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 102, 132 - 148
- Liu, T.,Gu, T.,Jin, N.,Zhu, Y. (2017). A mixed transmission strategy to achieve energy balancing in wireless sensor networks In: IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 16, 2111 - 2122
- Yao, L.,Sheng, Q.,Li, X.,Gu, T.,Tan, M.,Wang, X.,Wang, S.,Ruan, W. (2017). (In Press) Compressive representation for device-free activity recognition with passive RFID signal strength In: IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, , 1 - 14
- Chen, G.,Dong, W.,Zhao, Z.,Gu, T. (2017). Towards accurate corruption estimation in ZigBee under cross-technology interference In: Proceedings of the 37th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing (ICDCS 2017), United States, 5-8 June 2017
- Ye, H.,Gu, T.,Tao, X.,Lu, J. (2016). Scalable floor localization using barometer on smartphone In: Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, 16, 2557 - 2571
- Zhao, Z.,Dong, W.,Chen, G.,Min, G.,Gu, T.,Bu, J. (2016). (In Press) Embracing corruption burstiness: fast error recovery for ZigBee under Wi-Fi interference In: IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), , 1 - 13
2 PhD Current Supervisions