Dr Gu's research interests are in the areas of mobile and pervasive computing, wireless sensor networks, distributed network systems, big data analytics, and online social networks. His publications appear in top-tier journals, including IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, and top-tier conferences, including PerCom, UbiComp, INFOCOM, and ICNP.
More information about Dr Gu can be found on his personal website.
Dr Gu is currently an Associate Professor in the School of Computer Science and Information Technology.
Prior to joining RMIT, he was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Southern Denmark. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from National University of Singapore in 2005, his M.S. degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 2001, and his B.Eng. degree in Automatic Control from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 1990. He is a member of the IEEE and the ACM.
- Yao, L.,Sheng, Q.,Li, X.,Gu, T.,Tan, M.,Wang, X.,Wang, S.,Ruan, W. (2018). Compressive representation for device-free activity recognition with passive RFID signal strength In: IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 17, 293 - 306
- Dinh, T.,Kim, Y.,Gu, T.,Vasilakos, A. (2018). (In Press) An adaptive low-power listening protocol for wireless sensor networks in noisy environments In: IEEE System Journal, , 1 - 12
- Shao, W.,Salim, F.,Gu, T.,Dinh, T.,Chan, J. (2018). Travelling officer problem: managing car parking violations efficiently using sensor data In: IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 5, 802 - 810
- Ye, H.,Dong, K.,Gu, T. (2018). HiMeter: Telling you the height rather than the altitude In: Sensors, 18, 1712 - 1732
- Zhang, Y.,Gu, T.,Luo, C.,Kostakos, V.,Seneviratne, A. (2018). FinDroidHR: Smartwatch gesture input with optical heartrate monitor In: Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies, 2, 1 - 12
- Zhao, Z.,Dong, W.,Min, G.,Chen, G.,Gu, T.,Bu, J. (2018). Towards Repeatable Wireless Network Simulation Using Performance Aware Markov Model In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2018), Honolulu, United States, 15-19 April 2018
- Zhang, X.,Yao, L.,Sheng, Q.,Kanhere, S.,Gu, T.,Zhang, D. (2018). Converting Your Thoughts to Texts: Enabling Brain Typing via Deep Feature Learning of EEG Signals In: Proceedings of the 16th Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom 2018), Athens, Greece, 19-23 March 2018
- Ye, H.,Dong, K.,Gu, T.,Huang, Z. (2017). SMinder: Detect a Left-behind Phone using Sensor-based Context Awareness In: Mobile Networks and Applications, , 1 - 13
- Ruan, W.,Sheng, Q.,Xu, P.,Yang, L.,Gu, T.,Shangguan, L. (2017). Making Sense of Doppler Effect for Multi-Modal Hand Motion Detection In: IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 17, 2087 - 2100
- Wang, T.,Zhang, D.,Zheng, Y.,Gu, T.,Zhou, X.,Dorizzi, B. (2017). C-FMCW based contactless respiration detection using acoustic signal In: Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies, 1, 1 - 20
2 PhD Current Supervisions
- Non-intrusive human activity sensing with radio signals. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2018 from (2018 to 2020)
- Device-free Bluetooth Indoor Localisation for Internet of Things. Funded by: Lux Smart Pty Ltd from (2018 to 2019)