Dr Guenther is a marketing strategy researcher in RMIT's School of Economics, Finance and Marketing.
Dr Guenther is a marketing strategy researcher who uses econometric methods and finance methods to quantify the impact of marketing investments, marketing actions, and marketing assets on firm financial performance. A key objective of his research is to understand whether and when marketing adds to firm value.
- marketing’s financial performance impact
- marketing strategy
- brand strategy, incl. business-to- business branding
- customer equity value
- other: social network analysis, innovation, digital marketing
- Guenther, Peter, Bryan A. Lukas, and Christian Homburg (2014), “Do They appreciate, Ignore or Dislike What Marketing Has Created? – Investors’ Stock Price Reaction to the Reporting of Marketing Assets,” American Marketing Association 2014 Winter Marketing Educators’ Conference Proceedings, Orlando, Florida, J-14.
- Guenther, Miriam, and Peter Guenther (2014), “Social Influence in the Diffusion of Customer Oriented Culture,” American Marketing Association SERVSIG 2014, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Guenther, Miriam, and Peter Guenther (2014), “Peer and Manager Social Influence in the Diffusion of Customer Oriented Values and Behaviors to Frontline Service Employees,” American Marketing Association 2014 Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference, San Francisco, California.
Service to university / leadership
- Coordinator of RMIT’s Work Integrated Learning program in Marketing and Economics/Finance
- Project member in student experience improvement initiatives
- Coordinator/lecturer of Interactive Marketing in Melbourne and online (postgraduate)
- Coordinator/lecturer of Sales Strategy and Communication Skills in Melbourne and Singapore (undergraduate)
- PhD in Marketing, University of Melbourne, 2014 - Academic mentors: Prof Bryan A. Lukas and Prof Christian Homburg
- German Diplom (Master of Science) in Commerce with majors in Marketing, Finance and Psychology, University of Mannheim, 2008 - Academic thesis mentors: Prof Christian Homburg and Prof Martin Klarmann
- Guenther, M.,Guenther, P.,Bell, S.,Robins, G. (2016). It's the strength of the ties: how multiplex social networks among frontline employees drive service performance In: Proceedings of the16th Biennial World Marketing Congress Volume XVI, Melbourne, Australia, 17-20 July, 2013