Olivia Hamilton is an Associate Lecturer in Interior Design.
Olivia's research practice develops from an interest in spatial conditions that promote new social and creative relations. Her research work is concerned with social, spatial or temporal commons, and curatorial and documentation methods that allow for open-ended engagement by future participants. Olivia is particularly interested in 'commoning' and how processes of commoning can merge with collaborative creative practice to propose new methods for both working together and occupying public urban space.
Professional practice includes working in New York as an Interior Designer for global commercial clients and as lead designer in an product design studio, developing pieces that were included in the Whitney and the MOMA design shops. In Australia she has worked as an interior designer and a furniture designer for Federation Square, as well as an interior designer in several other Melbourne architecture practices. Olivia edited and produced an online design magazine for five years and has an ongoing creative practice making temporal-spatial installation work and small-scale multi-media figurative sculptures.
Please note her last name has recently changed from Pintos-Lopez to Hamilton.
Currently teaching into:
- First year – Design Studio
- All years – History and Theory
Completing PhD due early 2018.
- BA in Interior Design with first class honors from RMIT 2002
- Graduation Prizes: Craft Victoria Prize, Thesis Book Award, Technology Award, Eco-Concepts Prize
- PhD in progress (Architecture/Interior Design) by thesis. Due for completion February 2018.
- Antony Di Mase Architects (Melbourne) – Interior Designer
- Wunderwurks (New York) – Product designer
- Marco Carrano Architects (New York) – Interior designer
- Small Magazine (New York) – Editor
- LAB Bates Smart (Melbourne) – Interior Designer Furniture Designer for Federation Square
- Cottrell, C.,Pintos-Lopez, O.,Elliott, S. (2015). Bhubble (Building Movements #4) In: 'Architecture of the Occasion' Melbourne, Australia
- Cottrell, C.,Pintos-Lopez, O.,Elliott, S. (2015). Building Movements #2 In: 'Architecture of the Occasion' New Jersey, United States
- Pintos-Lopez, O. (2015). The Prosopopoeias In: The Prosopopoeias Melbourne, Australia
- Pintos-Lopez, O. (2015). Analog Avatars In: Analog Avatars Sydney and Melbourne Australia, and Beacon, New York, USA
- Pintos-Lopez, O. (2011). Picture Yourself In: Picture Yourself Melbourne, Australia