Dr Hodges is currently a Program Director in the School of Management with particular responsibilities for the renewal of the Bachelor of Business – International Business Program. He is also a senior research supervisor working with candidates undertaking Research By Project. The aim of Research By Project is to link post graduate research with practical outcomes.
For the past five years Dr Hodges has been working with the Indonesian Ministry of National Education especially with the Directorate of Junior Secondary Education. He has also collaborated with the Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta’s Graduate School. The focus of this work has been how post graduate research can be used to facilitate the improvement of localised educational outcomes. Prior to joining RMIT Dr Hodges held various leadership positions in educational organisations in Australia and overseas. He has worked in China, Indonesia, Thailand and the United Kingdom.
- Educational management
- International politics, development and aid.
- Decentralisation in Indonesia
- Workplace learning
Current Post-graduate Research Supervision
- Management of education in Indonesia (PhD)
- Academic Acculturation (Masters)
- Strategies for Implementing Effective Management in Primary Education in Laos (PhD)
- Community the heart of local government (PhD)
- Improving the performance of district boards of education in a decentralized era: A case study of four districts in Indonesia. (PhD)
- Improving service quality of district education offices in decentralized education system. (PhD)
- RMIT University Research Prize (2006) in recognition of the achievement of excellence in a higher degree research program assessed in 2005.
- RMIT Teaching Award (2003) for Research Supervision
- Program Director, School of Management.
- Bachelor of Business – International Business program renewal
- Masters - Innovation and Service management
- PhD (RMIT)
- MA. (International Studies) (Melbourne)
- MEdSt. (Administration) Monash
- Vaughan, L.,Hodges, D.,Malfroy, J. (2006). Working in the new postgraduate research environment: supervisory challenges for workplace research (supervisor support and development) In: Knowledge Creation in Testing Times, Adelaide, Australia, 20 -21 April 2006
- Hodges, D. (2005). The Ethical challenges posed by practioner research In: Beyond Your Comfort Zone Proceedings of the 2004 Continuing Professioial Education Conference, ,
- Leadership capacity building for Australian and Thai government schools. Funded by: DFAT [Dept of Foreign Affairs & Trade] Aust-Asia Institutional Linkages Program from (2008 to 2009)
2 PhD Current Supervisions8 PhD Completions and 10 Masters by Research Completions