Associate Professor May Hu is Associate Professor in the school of Economics, Finance and Marketing at RMIT University.
- Best Paper Award at the International Financial Engineering and Risk Management Conference
- Best Paper Award in Corporate Finance at the Financial Markets and Corporate Governance Conference
- Best Paper Award in the Finance field at the Australian Research Centre in Accounting, Finance and Economics
- Best Paper Award at the Global Accounting, Finance and Economics Conference
- Outstanding Research Award at the Winter Global Finance and Business Conference in the USA
- PhD Scholarship
- CFA Scholarship
- AFAANZ Research Grant
- Deakin Faculty Grant
- Early Career Researcher Grant
- Grant from National Natural Science Foundation (NNSF)
- Research Travel Grant
- E&F AFA Conference Travel Grant
- Corporate finance, corporate governance, risk management
- Dividend policy, mergers and acquisitions, capital structure
- CEO power, board structure, political connection
- CSR, environmental finance, CDS
- Financial innovation and corporate fraud
- Financial anomaly, market sentiment and behavioural finance
- Mutual fund, crowd funding, venture capital
May's publications can be accessed via Google Scholar.
- Member, American Finance Association (AFA).
- Member, American Financial Management Association (FMA).
- Member, Asian Finance Association (Asian AFA).
- Member, Financial Services Institute of Australia (FINSA).
- Member, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ).
- Member, CPA Australia.
- Member, CA, Institute of Chartered Accountant Australia and New Zealand.
- Candidate of CFA Institute (exams passed).
- Jarrow, R.,Li, H.,Ye, X.,Hu, M. (2019). Exploring Mispricing in the Term Structure of CDS Spreads In: Review of Finance, 23, 161 - 198
- Hu, M.,Zhang, J.,Chao, C. (2019). Regional financial efficiency and its non-linear effects on economic growth in China In: International Review of Economics and Finance, 59, 193 - 206
- Hu, M.,Tuilautala, M.,Kang, Y. (2019). Bandwagon effect: Special dividend payments In: International Review of Economics & Finance, , 1 - 25
- Hu, M.,Park, J. (2019). Valuation of collateralized debt obligations: An equilibrium model Economic Modelling In: Economic Modelling, 82, 119 - 135
- Cheung, A.,Hu, M.,Schwiebert, J. (2018). Corporate social responsibility and dividend policy In: Accounting and Finance, 58, 787 - 816
- Beladi, H.,Chao, C.,Hu, M. (2018). Do venture capitalists function the same: The evidence from the Chinese newest stock market, ChiNext In: World Economy, 41, 2020 - 2041
- Beladi, H.,Chao, C.,Hu, M. (2018). Does tax avoidance behavior affect bank loan contracts for Chinese listed firms? In: International Review of Financial Analysis, 58, 104 - 116
- Chao, C.,Hu, M.,Munir, Q.,Li, T. (2017). The impact of CEO power on corporate capital structure: New evidence from dynamic panel threshold analysis In: International Review of Economics and Finance, 51, 107 - 120
- Hu, M.,Chao, C.,Malone, C.,Young, M. (2017). Real determinants of stock split announcements In: International Review of Economics and Finance, 51, 574 - 598
- Hou, Q.,Hu, M.,Yuan, Y. (2017). Corporate innovation and political connections in Chinese listed firms In: Pacific Basin Finance Journal, 46, 158 - 176
3 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions