Dr Beth Jelfs is a VC Research Fellow in the School of Engineering at RMIT.
Beth's research focuses on signal processing and the use of signal processing methods to gain a greater understanding of data.
By characterising multichannel and multimodal data recorded from complex systems she aims to ensure that relevant information is preserved during processing. While the use of adaptive approaches allows identification and tracking of changes within the data.
For further information, please visit her personal homepage.
- Ph.D. (Imperial College London, UK)
- M.Eng. (First class honors) (University of Leicester, UK)
- Wang, X.,Kealy, A.,Li, W.,Jelfs, B.,Gilliam, C.,Le May, S.,Moran, B. (2021). Toward autonomous uav localization via aerial image registration In: Electronics, 10, 1 - 15
- Jelfs, B.,Sun, S.,Ghorbani, K.,Gilliam, C. (2021). An Adaptive All-Pass Filter for Time-Varying Delay Estimation In: IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 28, 628 - 632
- Jelfs, B.,Gilliam, C. (2020). Fast & Efficient Delay Estimation Using Local All-Pass & Kalman Filters In: Proceedings of the 2019 Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference (APSIPA ASC 2019), Lanzhou, China, 18-21 November 2019
- Gilliam, C.,Jelfs, B. (2020). Application of Image Processing and Circular Statistics to 3D Cellular Alignment In: Proceedings of the 2020 Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference (APSIPA ASC 2020), Auckland, New Zealand, 7-10 December 2020
- Gilliam, C.,Jelfs, B. (2019). Estimating Muscle Fibre Conduction Velocity in the Presence of Array Misalignment In: 2018 Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference (APSIPA ASC), Honolulu, USA, 12-15 November 2018
- Manjeri Keloth, S.,PuzhavakkathuMadom Viswanathan, R.,Jelfs, B.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Raghav, S.,Kumar, D. (2019). Which Gait Parameters and Walking Patterns Show the Significant Differences Between Parkinson's Disease and Healthy Participants? In: Biosensors, 9, 1 - 1
- Kumar, D.,Jelfs, B.,Sui, X.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S. (2019). Prosthetic hand control: A multidisciplinary review to identify strengths, shortcomings, and the future In: Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 53, 1 - 31
- Puzhavakkathu Madom Viswanatha, R.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Bingham, A.,Jelfs, B.,Kempster, P.,Raghav, S.,Kumar, D. (2019). Complexity Measures of Voice Recordings as a Discriminative Tool for Parkinson's Disease In: Biosensors, 10, 1 - 16
- PuzhavakkathuMadom Viswanathan, R.,Bingham, A.,Raghav, S.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Jelfs, B.,Kempster, P.,Kumar, D. (2019). Normalized Mutual Information of phonetic sound to distinguish the speech of Parkinson’s disease In: Proceedings of the 41st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS 2019), Berlin, Germany, 23-27 July 2019
- Bingham, A.,Jelfs, B.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Kumar, D. (2018). Identifying Noisy Electrodes in High Density Surface Electromyography Recordings Through Analysis of Spatial Similarities In: 40th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), Honolulu, USA, 18-21 July 2018
1 PhD Completions2 PhD Current Supervisions
- Muscle fatigue monitor. Funded by: Global Connections Fund Bridging Grants 2017 from (2017 to 2018)