- Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT (2014-present)
- Research Fellow at the Centre for Neural Engineering and Bionic Vision Australia at The University of Melbourne, working on an Australian flagship research initiative, Bionic Eye (2011-2014)
- Visiting Research Scientist at the University of California at Santa Barbara (2014)
- PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The University of Adelaide with the Postgraduate University Alumni Medal, and a University Research Medal (2012)
Recipient of more than a dozen fellowship, scholarships and awards, including South Australia’s Young Nanotechnology Ambassador in 2011 presented by the Australian Nanotechnology Network.
There are always positions available for highly motivated postgraduate students interested in working on the broad topics of interests and their applications (under “supervisor interests”).
Outstanding students may check their eligibility for the Vice Chancellor’s PhD Scholarship (VCPS), International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS), and RMIT PhD International Scholarship (RPIS) and Australian Postgraduate Awards (only locals are considered for an APA).
For a full list of publications, citations, and h-indix please visit my Google Scholar profile.
Teaching and supervision activities
- Teaches electronic design courses and supervising PhD, Masters students and groups of undergraduate students.
- Program manager for MC180, Master of Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering), and MC233, Master of Engineering (Electronic Engineering)
PhD (Electronics), University of Adelaide, Australia (2012)
- Technical Committee member of the IEEE’s Nanoelectronics and Gigascale Systems (NanoGiga TC), of the IEEE’s Circuits and Systems (IEEECAS) Society.
- Review Editor, Frontiers in Neuromorphic Engineering, specialty section of Frontiers in Neuroscience in neuromorphic engineering.
- Guest Editor, Special Issue on “Solid-State Memristive Devices and Systems’’, the IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems, JETCAS.
- Program Committee member of the 5th Annual International Conference on Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures (BICA 2014), November 79, 2014, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) campus, Cambridge, MA 02139, United States.
Reviewer for competitive research funding
- Australian Research Council (ARC)
- Human Brain Project
- US-Israel Binational Science Foundation
- Nature Communications
- Advanced Functional Materials
- Proceedings of the IEEE
- Frontiers in Neuroscience
- IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology
- IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I and II
- PLoS One
- ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems
- Physica Status Solidi (a)
- Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures
- Neural Computing and Applications
- Neural Networks, Elsevier
- IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices
- IEEE Electron Device Letters
- IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Computers
- IET Circuits, Devices and Systems
- Co-chair of a Special Session on “Memristive Neuromorphic Systems’’ at the 2014 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), held in Melbourne, June 1–5, 2014.
- Co-organiser of the CAS-FEST 2014 at the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS) on ‘‘Memristive devices, circuits, systems and application’’, held in Melbourne, June 1–5, 2014. The 2014 Circuits and Systems Society Forum on Emerging and Selected Topics (CAS-FEST) held after the ISCAS in Melbourne.
- Co-leader at the 2013 Telluride Neuromorphic Cognition Engineering Workshop on ‘‘Emerging Technology Discussion Group: Cognitive Computing with Emerging Nanodevices’’, held in Telluride, Colorado, June 30–July 20, 2013.
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) (Senior membership)
- IEEE Electron Devices Society
- IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society
- IEEE Nanotechnology Council
- IEEE Sensors Council
- IEEE Technology Management Council
- IEEE Council on Electronic Design Automation
- IEEE Biometrics Council
- The Australian Nanotechnology Network (ANN)
- The Australian Research Network for Advanced Materials (ARNAM) (2009-2012)
- Ahnood, A.,Meffin, H.,Garrett, D.,Fox, K.,Ganesan, K.,Stacey, A.,Apollo, N.,Wong, Y.,Lichter, S.,Kentler, W.,Kavehei, O.,Greferath, U.,Vessey, K.,Ibbotson, M.,Fletcher, E.,Burkitt, A.,Prawer, S. (2017). Diamond devices for high acuity prosthetic vision In: Advanced Biosystems, , 1 - 10
- Truong, N.,Kuhlmann, L.,Bonyadi, M.,Yang, J.,Faulks, A.,Kavehei, O. (2017). Supervised learning in automatic channel selection for epileptic seizure detection In: Expert Systems with Applications, 86, 199 - 207
- Carey, B.,Ou, J.,Clark, R.,Berean, K.,Zavabeti, A.,Chesman, A.,Russo, S.,Lau, D.,Xu, Z.,Bao, Q.,Kavehei, O.,Gibson, B.,Dickey, M.,Kaner, R.,Daeneke, T.,Kalantar Zadeh, K. (2017). Wafer-scale two-dimensional semiconductors from printed oxide skin of liquid metals In: Nature Communications, 8, 1 - 10
- Amirsoleimani, A.,Shamsi, J.,Ahmadi, M.,Ahmadi, A.,Alirezaee, S.,Mohammadi, K.,Karami, M.,Yakopcic, C.,Kavehei, O.,Al-Sarawi, S. (2017). Accurate charge transport model for nanoionic memristive devices In: Microelectronics Journal, 65, 49 - 57
- Kim, J.,Ahmed, T.,Nili, H.,Yang, J.,Jeong, D.,Beckett, P.,Sriram, S.,Ranasinghe, D.,Kavehei, O. (2017). (In Press) Physical unclonable function with redox-based nanoionic resistive memory In: IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, , 1 - 12
- Zavabeti, S.,Ou, J.,Carey, B.,Syed, N.,Orrell-Trigg, R.,Mayes, E.,Xu, C.,Kavehei, O.,O'Mullane, A.,Kaner, R.,Kalantar Zadeh, K.,Daeneke, T. (2017). A liquid metal reaction environment for the room-temperature synthesis of atomically thin metal oxides In: Science, 358, 332 - 335
- Ahmed, T.,Walia, S.,Kim, J.,Nili Ahmadabadi, H.,Ramanathan, R.,Mayes, E.,Lau, D.,Kavehei, O.,Bansal, V.,Bhaskaran, M.,Sriram, S. (2017). Transparent amorphous strontium titanate resistive memories with transient photo-response In: Nanoscale, 9, 14690 - 14702
- Gao, Y.,Ranasinghe, D.,Al-Sarawi, S.,Kavehei, O.,Abbott, D. (2016). Emerging physical unclonable functions with nanotechnology In: IEEE Access, 4, 61 - 80
- Gao, Y.,Li, G.,Ma, H.,Al-Sarawi, S.,Kavehei, O.,Abbott, D.,Ranasinghe, D. (2016). Obfuscated challenge-response: A secure lightweight authentication mechanism for PUF-based pervasive devices In: Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communication Workshops (PerCom Workshops 2016) - The First IEEE International Workshop on Security, Privacy and Trust for IoT, 2016 (SPT-IoT), Sydney, Australia, 14-18 March 2016
- Nili Ahmadabadi, H.,Ahmed, T.,Walia, S.,Ramanathan, R.,Kandjani, A.,Rubanov, S.,Kim, J.,Kavehei, O.,Bansal, V.,Bhaskaran, M.,Sriram, S. (2016). Microstructure and dynamics of vacancy-induced nanofilamentary switching network in donor doped SrTiO3-x memristors In: Nanotechnology, 27, 1 - 8
- Seeing is Believing: Nanophotonic Pixels for Subwavelength Imaging On a Chip (Administered by University of Melbourne). Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2016 from (2017 to 2020)
- Low Temperature Co-fired Ceramic Device Fabrication Facility . Funded by: ARC Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities (LIEF) 2016 from (2016 to 2016)
- Foundations for Physically Unclonable nano-Security on Silicon - Administered by The University of Adelaide. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects via other University Grant 2014 from (2014 to 2016)
8 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions