Bridget Keane is a lecturer in the Landscape Architecture program.
Her research and practice are concerned with Landscape as a dynamic material system and considers ways to generate dynamic modes of analysis and production of landscape. Projects are developed through the direct engagement with material production, processes and site logics. She has exhibited work as part of the State of Design and High Views festivals and published in Kerb and Jola Journals and her design work received a commendation the by AILA Unlandscaped Competition and published in Landscape Architecture Australia.
Current research investigates concepts of nature through design research that emphasises complex systems, materiality and representation in the formation of the landscape.
- Part of the Office of Urban Transformations Research (OUTr) group (www.outr.org)
Douglas, C, Keane, B and Monacella, R. "Transformative Surface." In Design For Everyone, curated by Fleur Watson, Melbourne, 14th–25th August 2009.
Lucas, Cassandra and Keane, Bridget. "Fissures." In Unlandscaped, curated by Landscape Architecture Australia, Docklands, Shed 10, Melbourne, 8 May 2009.
Craig Douglas, Bridget Keane, Rosalea Monacella. "Global Urban Measures." In High Views, curated by Sandy Caldow, Northcote Town Hall, Melbourne, 19–21 June 2009.
Bridget Keane, Cassandra Lucas and SueAnne Ware. "Noticing Melbourne." In Strangely Familiar [Working Title], curated by Dr Gini Lee, SASA Gallery, Adelaide, 8 May–1 June 2007.
Cassandra Lucas, Bridget Keane and SueAnne Ware. "Pillow Talk." In Site Unseen: Private art in public places, curated by Sandy Caldow, Melbourne Fringe Festival, Melbourne, 26 September
Keane, B. "Landscape and Intimacy." In Look Who's Talking, convened by Anna McDonald, Melbourne, ACCA, 19 October 2008.
Keane, Bridget. "Instability." In Bottom Up Urbanism, convened by Rosalea Monacella, Academie Van Bouwkunst, Amsterdam, 25 November 2008.
Bridget teaches across all streams of the Landscape Architecture program and is curator of the Lower Pool Design Stream within which she has developed a curatorial framework based on design method. Key initiatives include the annual Approaching Landscape student conference and proceedings, Transect student design forum and LA design stream website.
BSc Melb, BDes(Landscape Architecture)(Hons) RMIT, GradCert TT+L
- Monacella, R.,Keane, B. (2018). Approaching Landscape: Practice based activities as dynamic models for student centered teaching and learning In: ECLAS Conference: Landscapes of Conflict�2018, Ghent, Belgium, 9-12 September 2018
- Keane, B. (2013). Projections In: Approaching Landscape 2013, Melbourne Books, Melbourne, Australia
- Keane, B. (2012). Landscapes of Interference In: Exposure/00: Design Research in Landscape Architecture, Melbourne Books, Melbourne, Australia
- Church, K.,Keane, B. (2010). Lines of thought drawing the unknown In: Drawing Out 2010, Melbourne, Australia, 7-9 April 2010
- Keane, B.,Lucas, C.,Ong, J. (2010). Replicator In: University Of Canberra Campus Design Ideas Competition Canberra, Australia
- Keane, B.,Church, K.,Howard, M.,Morgan, N.,Morgan-Payler, J.,Court, T.,Monacella, R.,Douglas, C. (2010). QRioCity In: QRioCity, State of Design Festival Melbourne, Australia
- Keane, B.,Lucas, C. (2010). Plastic Soup In: Kerb, issue 18 Melbourne, Australia
- Keane, B.,Lucas, C. (2010). Plastic Web In: Northern Exposure Visual Arts Festival Melbourne, Australia
- Monacella, R.,Douglas, C.,Keane, B. (2009). Global Urban Measures In: High Views: Northern Exposure Melbourne
- Keane, B.,Lucas, C. (2009). Fissures In: Unlandscaped Exhibition Docklands Shed 10 Melbourne
1 PhD Current Supervisions