Olga Kokshagina joined RMIT University in September 2018 as a VC Research Fellow at the Graduate School of Business and Law at the RMIT University. She contributes to the Global Business Innovation ECP.
Olga's research is related to several areas: strategic management of design, open & radical innovation and entrepreneurship. She is particularly interested in interdisciplinary organisations set to explore grand challenges in areas such as curing cancer, climate change, energy transition.
As a researcher and practitioner in innovation management, Olga worked with a variety organisations such as Danone, Airbus, Society Generale, Schneider Electric, Accenture. She holds a PhD in management science from Mines ParisTech PSL Research University. Her research was part of an industrial program conducted in collaboration with a leading European semiconductor company STMicroelectronics. Olga's teaching is driven by her research work. She has designed several courses on innovative design and innovation management for students and practitioners in France
Olga is an associated researcher at the Chair of "Design Theory and Methods for Innovation" at Mines ParisTech PSL Research university in France.
She is a leader of an ISPIM Special interest group on Innovation Management Methods for Industry and she acts as a Scientific coordinator for ISPIM. She is a hub leader for Melbourne chapter of OneHealthTech grassroot community that aims for a better inclusion in healthtech.
- Corporate intrapreneurship and entrepreneurship
- Open science & open innovation
- Practitioner – academia collaboration
- Strategic design
- Disruptive innovation
Olga’s research is closely connected to practice and led to a number of patents and novel offerings. She closely collaborates with organisations to develop innovative design driven solutions and her research aims to have empirical and social consequences. Please see below for a list of selected projects
- ANR PatentLab: “Patent Design and Management for new innovative ecosystems” (2015 - 2017), Project Coordinator & Lead Chief investigator
- CFE World Energy Council: “Risk management models for innovative projects in double unknown (technical and market): evaluation and management of generic technical concepts in the energy field” (2013 – 2014), Chief Investigator
- CEA: Invention design for power electronics, Lead Chief Investigator
- 2016 – 2018 STIM (wearestim.com) - Innovation manager, projects:
- Dealing with industrialization challenges for ideas issued from innovation lab with the 2nd largest banking group in France – BPCE, Lead Consultant
- Designing and coordinating Internal Startup Call project at Sociéte Générale : 15000+ participants, 11 countries involved, 356 projects qualified, 144 selected and 70 startups sponsored internally.
- Redefining mission and strategy for an economic interest grouping of AREVA, CEA and EDF
- Coaching leading consultancy firm on innovation design methods – Accenture
- Providing methodological support for a crowd science project: Epidemium to better understand cancer using big data
- Managing a community of Innovation Directors in France
- 2010 – 2014 Innovation Management Specialist, STMicroelectronics, Grenoble
- 2008 – 2009 IBM Graduate Program in Sales and Marketing
- Tynnhammar, M.,Kokshagina, O.,Schneider, S. (2018). Composing the innovation management symphony-A note on the 2017 ISPIM Innovation Conference in Vienna In: Technovation, 74-75, 66 - 66
- Kokshagina, O.,Gillier, T.,Cogez, P.,Le Masson, P.,Weil, B. (2017). Using innovation contests to promote the development of generic technologies In: Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 114, 152 - 164
- Kokshagina, O.,Le Masson, P.,Weil, B. (2017). Should we manage the process of inventing? Designing for patentability In: Research in Engineering Design, 28, 457 - 475
- Kokshagina, O.,Le Masson, P.,Bories, F. (2017). Fast-connecting search practices: On the role of open innovation intermediary to accelerate the absorptive capacity In: Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 120, 232 - 239
- Le Masson, P.,Hatchuel, A.,Kokshagina, O.,Weil, B. (2017). Designing techniques for systemic impact: lessons from C-K theory and matroid structures In: Research in Engineering Design, 28, 275 - 298
- Kokshagina, O.,Le Masson, P.,Weil, B.,Cogez, P. (2016). Portfolio Management in Double Unknown Situations: Technological Platforms and the Role of Cross-Application Managers In: Creativity and Innovation Management, 25, 270 - 291
- Hooge, S.,Kokshagina, O.,Le Masson, P.,Levillain, K.,Weil, B.,Fabreguettes, V.,Popiolek, N. (2016). Gambling versus Designing: Organizing for the Design of the Probability Space in the Energy Sector In: Creativity and Innovation Management, 25, 464 - 483
2 PhD Current Supervisions