Olga Kokshagina joined RMIT University in September 2018 as a VC Research Fellow at the Graduate School of Business and Law at the RMIT University. She contributes to the Global Business Innovation ECP.
Olga's research is related to several areas: strategic management of design, open & radical innovation and entrepreneurship. She is particularly interested in interdisciplinary organisations set to explore grand challenges in areas such as curing cancer, climate change, energy transition.
As a researcher and practitioner in innovation management, Olga worked with a variety organisations such as Danone, Airbus, Society Generale, Schneider Electric, Accenture. She holds a PhD in management science from Mines ParisTech PSL Research University. Her research was part of an industrial program conducted in collaboration with a leading European semiconductor company STMicroelectronics. Olga's teaching is driven by her research work. She has designed several courses on innovative design and innovation management for students and practitioners in France
Olga is an associated researcher at the Chair of "Design Theory and Methods for Innovation" at Mines ParisTech PSL Research university in France.
She is a leader of an ISPIM Special interest group on Innovation Management Methods for Industry and she acts as a Scientific coordinator for ISPIM. She is a hub leader for Melbourne chapter of OneHealthTech grassroot community that aims for a better inclusion in healthtech.
- Corporate intrapreneurship and entrepreneurship
- Open science & open innovation
- Practitioner – academia collaboration
- Strategic design
- Disruptive innovation
Olga’s research is closely connected to practice and led to a number of patents and novel offerings. She closely collaborates with organisations to develop innovative design driven solutions and her research aims to have empirical and social consequences. Please see below for a list of selected projects
- 2020 IMA Research Foundation Grant – Engaging accountants in value-based healthcare : Strategic Performance Evaluation (in collaboration with Prof. Gillian Vesty)
- 2020 Erasmus+ Knowledge Alliance project « Envisioning the Future of Teaching and Training for Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship » 612537-EPP-1-2019-1-SI-EPPKA2-KA
- 2019 Malcolm Moore Industry award “Value driven innovation in the stigmatized social business
- 2019 RMIT Enabling Capability Development Capability Development Fund “New Capability Development in health innovation with Vall D’Hebron: A pilot study”
- 2019 RMIT Enabling Capability Development Capability Development Fund - Research impact study (in collaboration with Lauren Rickards, Wendy Steele, Oli Moraes)
- 2018 – 2019 External Research contract funded by La Paillasse on “Elaborating a framework for structuring interdisciplinary research projects in the field of chronic risks”
- Rohrbeck, R., Kokshagina, O., & Roth, S. (2020). Vertical Industry Development to Leverage Innovation: A Model for Leapfrogging Technology and Driving Competitiveness. Asian Development Bank, http://dx.doi.org/10.22617/WPS200164-2
- Rickards, L., Steele, W., Kokshagina, O., Moraes, O. (2020). Research impact as ethos, RMIT university.
- Kokshagina O. (2019). Building value in healthcare: patients and healthcare providers perspectives, RMIT University.
- Kokshagina, O. Vesty, G. (2020). Time for Change: Health Funding Models, InnovationAus, Public Policy and Business Innovation, 29 June 2020 https://www.innovationaus.com/time-for-change-health-funding-models/
- Kokshagina O. (2019). Innovation competitions are the next big thing. Here are 8 ways to make them work, The Conversation, November 20, 2019 https://theconversation.com/innovation-competitions-are-the-next-big-thing-here-are-8-ways-to-make-them-work-124898
- Kokshagina O. (2019). Avez-vous besoin d’un « company builder » ? Maddyness. January 7, 2019. https://www.maddyness.com/2019/01/07/innovation-company-builder-startup-studio/
- Kokshagina O., Sitruk Y. (2017). Open Science: how to identify exploration axes in a transdisciplinary context? Paris Innovation Review. October 13, 2017 http://parisinnovationreview.com/articles-en/open-science-how-to-identify-exploration-axes-in-a-transdisciplinary-context
- Kokshagina O. (2017). A new R&D paradigm: crafting strategy by designing patents. Paris Innovation Review. March 28, 2017 http://parisinnovationreview.com/articles-en/a-new-r-d-paradigm-crafting-strategy-by-designing-patents
- Vedel, J.,Kokshagina, O. (2020). How firms undertake organizational changes to shift to more-exploratory strategies: A process perspective In: Research Policy, 50, 1 - 11
- Beck, S.,Bergenholtz, C.,Bogers, M.,Kokshagina, O., et al, . (2020). The Open Innovation in Science research field: a collaborative conceptualisation approach In: Industry and innovation, , 1 - 52
- Tynnhammar, M.,Kokshagina, O.,Schneider, S. (2018). Composing the innovation management symphony-A note on the 2017 ISPIM Innovation Conference in Vienna In: Technovation, 74-75, 66 - 66
- Kokshagina, O.,Gillier, T.,Cogez, P.,Le Masson, P.,Weil, B. (2017). Using innovation contests to promote the development of generic technologies In: Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 114, 152 - 164
- Kokshagina, O.,Le Masson, P.,Weil, B. (2017). Should we manage the process of inventing? Designing for patentability In: Research in Engineering Design, 28, 457 - 475
- Kokshagina, O.,Le Masson, P.,Bories, F. (2017). Fast-connecting search practices: On the role of open innovation intermediary to accelerate the absorptive capacity In: Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 120, 232 - 239
- Le Masson, P.,Hatchuel, A.,Kokshagina, O.,Weil, B. (2017). Designing techniques for systemic impact: lessons from C-K theory and matroid structures In: Research in Engineering Design, 28, 275 - 298
- Kokshagina, O.,Le Masson, P.,Weil, B.,Cogez, P. (2016). Portfolio Management in Double Unknown Situations: Technological Platforms and the Role of Cross-Application Managers In: Creativity and Innovation Management, 25, 270 - 291
- Hooge, S.,Kokshagina, O.,Le Masson, P.,Levillain, K.,Weil, B.,Fabreguettes, V.,Popiolek, N. (2016). Gambling versus Designing: Organizing for the Design of the Probability Space in the Energy Sector In: Creativity and Innovation Management, 25, 464 - 483
2 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
- Engaging accountants in value based healthcare: Strategic Performance Evaluation. Funded by: Institute of Management Accountants (USA) grant 2017 from (2020 to 2021)