Aaron Lane is a Lecturer in RMIT's Graduate School of Business and Law.
Aaron is a regulatory lawyer and is currently undertaking a PhD exploring the relationship between the regulation of public sector services and public sector innovation.
Aaron's research interests are in blockchain and the law, competition law and policy, corporate and economic regulation, and public administration. Aaron's research has been presented at a number of academic conferences.
Aaron is the course coordinator and lecturer for Company Law, and he also lectures in the Juris Doctor program in Competition & Consumer Law, and Business & Economic Analysis in the Master of Business Administration program.
Aaron was admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria in 2012, and previously practiced at one of Australia's leading law firms across a broad range of litigious and advice matters for government, corporate, and not-for-profit clients. In a public policy role, Aaron has appeared before the Senate Economics Committee, the Senate Education & Employment Committee, the Victorian Parliament's Economy & Infrastructure Committee, and the Productivity Commission.
- Company Law (Coordinator)
- Competition and Consumer Law
- Business and Economic Analysis
- Completing PhD
- Several ongoing research projects including with the RMIT Blockchain Innovation Hub
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Master of Arts
- Admitted as an Australian Lawyer in the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Registered as a Solicitor in the High Court of Australia
- FINSIA Young Finance Professionals Committee, 2015-
- Australian Law and Economics Association Committee, Victorian Convener, 2016-
- George Mason University, RMIT Research Project, 2015-
- Institute of Public Affairs, Legal Fellow, 2013-
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission, RMIT Research Project, 2016
- Maddocks, Lawyer, 2012-2013
- Allen, D.,Berg, C.,Lane, A.,Potts, J. (2019). Cryptodemocracy and its institutional possibilities In: Review of Austrian Economics, , 1 - 12
- Lane, A. (2019). (In Press) The destruction phase of public sector innovation: regulations governing school closure in Australia In: Journal of Evolutionary Economics, , 1 - 19
- Lane, A. (2018). Regulatory constraints on public sector innovation:�a case study on Queensland's independent public school program In: Australian Journal of Public Administration, 77, 685 - 699
- Lane, A. (2018). Over-regulation in public services In: Australia's Red Tape Crisis: The Causes and Costs of Over-regulation, Connor Court Publishing Pty Ltd, Queensland, Australia
- Zabar, J.,Roskam, J.,Lane, A.,O'Neil, C. (2018). Economics for a Flourishing Society In: Hearing Healing Hope: The Ministry of Service in Challenging Times, Connor Court Publishing Pty Ltd, Brisbane, Australia