Emma Lynas is a lecturer in computer-aided textile design and textile studio for the BA textile design program at RMIT.
Emma is also the second year course coordinator and a fulltime member of the BA textile design team.
In addition to program specific roles, Emma is a member of the following Fashion & Textile school committees
- Sustainability (bike culture, student engagement)
- Learning & Teaching
Emma is currently undertaking a masters by research. She is using slow design as a method to explore the connection between textile designers, customers and material possessions.
In addition to postgraduate study, she has worked alongside colleagues to explore the inner working of studio based learning & teaching, sustainability and blended learning.
Bachelor of Arts Textile Design, RMIT
Bachelor of Teaching, UTAS
- Lynas, E. (2017). Home Made In: Slow Fashion Studio: alternative approaches to fashion in conjunction with Fast Fashion: the dark side of fashion Melbourne, Australia
- Lynas, E. (2016). Grasslands In: Book - Craft of Use post-growth fashion Abingdon, United Kingdom
- Lynas, E. (2015). Love you or leave you In: Curated Program West Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
- Lynas, E.,Budge, K.,Beale, C. (2013). Hands on: The importance of studio learning in design education In: Visual Inquiry: Learning and Teaching Art, 2, 127 - 138
- Budge, K.,Beale, C.,Lynas, E. (2013). A chaotic intervention: creativity and peer learning in design education In: International Journal of Art and Design Education, 32, 146 - 156
- Lynas, E. (2013). Designer-customer relationships: what role do they play in contemporary Australian textile design? In: Proceedings of International Conference On Design Research, DESIGNA 2012: In/Sustentabilidade - Un/Sustainability, Portugal, 22- 23 November 2012
- Underwood, J.,Wahr, F.,Lynas, E.,Beale, C. (2011). A group approach to embedding sustainability within a degree curriculum: Collaborative, creative, iterative In: Proceedings of the 10th International Conference of Australasian Campuses Towards Sustainability, Melbourne, Australia, 29 September - 01 October 2010
- Lynas, E. (2010). Textiles, connection and meaning In: Fashion: Sustainability and Creativity Conference Proceedings (IFFTI) 2010, Taipei, Taiwan, 23-26 March, 2010
- Underwood, J.,Lynas, E.,Adams, L.,Beale, C. (2009). Transformative textiles In: Cumulus 38 Degrees South 2009, Proceedings of the Cumulus Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 12 - 14 November 2009
- Lynas, E.,Prideaux, V.,Underwood, J. (2008). Technology for design's sake In: FINZ Education Conference 2008. The Future of Fashion, New Zealand, 7-8 August, 2008