Mr. Jiaming Ma
Dr Jiaming Ma is a post-doctoral researcher at the Centre for Innovative Structures and Materials (CISM) at RMIT University.
Dr Jiaming Ma is a post-doctoral researcher at the Centre for Innovative Structures and Materials (CISM) at RMIT University, where he works on the ARC Laureate Fellowship project. He has a strong research interest in the design and fabrication of innovative structures using topology optimisation and advanced manufacturing techniques.
Dr Ma is experienced in topology optimisation, computational morphogenesis, lightweight shell structure design, and novel fabrication and construction methods. He received the 2022 Hangai Prize from the International Association for Shell and Spatial Structures (IASS), the Best Research Student Paper Award at the Fifth Australasian Conference on Computational Mechanics, and the Postgraduate Research Excellence Award at CISM. Dr Ma was the President of the Chinese Association of Professionals and Scholars in Australia, the General Chair of the 13th Research Symposium for Chinese PhD Students and Scholars in Australia and is the core member of the organizing committee of the IASS Annual Symposium 2023.
- Topology optimisation
- Digital Construction
- Computational morphogenesis
- Shell structures
- PhD in Engineering, RMIT University, (2019–2023)
- BEng (MechEng) (Hons.) (H1), RMIT University, (2014–2018)
- BEng (MechEng), Shandong University, (2014–2018)
- Structural Engineer, Australia Advanced Aerospace Technology Pty Ltd, (2017–2018)
- Ma, J.,He, Y.,Zhao, Z.,Xie, Y. (2023). Topology optimization of ribbed slabs and shells In: Engineering Structures, 277, 1 - 8