Research Interests / Areas of Expertise
My area of interest regarding research is in accounting education.
My teaching is in the area of introductory accounting and management accounting.I also have an interest in strategic decision making for accountants and co-ordinate work integrated learning from an academic perspective.
- Masters of Business Administration, Deakin University, 2004
- Graduate Certificate in Business, Victoria University, 1998
- Graduate Diploma in Accounting (Conversion Course), Victoria University, 1995
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)-Business Studies, University of Melbourne, 1993
I worked in the insurance industry after leaving secondary school, undertook further study and then taught and worked in the TAFE sector for approximately 9 years.I then worked in the private sector undertaking bookkeeping and accounting roles and sessional lecturing and tutoring in the higher education sector prior to joining RMIT University as a lecturer in accounting.
- Magdziarz, S.,Myers, P.,Adams, K. (2012). The jewels in the curriculum -An exploration of threshold concepts in the context of financial accounting and implications on curriculum design In: Proceedings of the 2012 Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ) Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 1-3 July, 2012
- Myers, P.,Magdziarz, S.,Cahill, D.,Tharapos, M.,Pagonis, J. (2011). Improving the student experience by using accounting students as teaching assistants in tutorials In: Proceedings of the 2011 Accounting & Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ) Conference, Darwin, Australia, 2-5 July, 2011
- Myers, P.,Cahill, D.,Kemlo, L.,Magdziarz, S.,Pagonis, J. (2010). Improving perceptions of good teaching in large first year groups through peer assisted learning In: Proceedings of the First Year in Higher Education Conference, Adelaide, Australia, 27-30 June 2010
- Watty, K.,Magdziarz, S.,Hilliar, K.,Ji, S.,Simpson, M. (2006). Reflections on the mentoring process with academics entering a 'new' educational experience In: Asian Review of Accounting, 14, 37 - 48
- Magdziarz, S.,Watty, K.,Hilliar, K.,Ji, S. (2006). Developing a scholarly approach to the evaluation of assessment practices In: Asian Review of Accounting, 14, 24 - 36