Dr Alban Mannisi is a Landscape Urbanist whose research focus is on the political ecology implementation in landscape planning and the social ecology deployment through environmental mediation.
Alban Mannisi, Senior Lecturer in the School of Architecture and Urban Design within the College of Design and Social Context at RMIT University, is a Landscape Planner, founder and director of SCAPETHICAL, the Built Environment Practice and Research Platform.
His recent projects decipher the globalisation of sustainable narrative and the foundation of localised citizen resistance to translate intangible landscape components in environmental design.
Deeply concerned with environmental, social and spatial injustice issues, he develops appropriate environmental observation protocol that translates associated human and non-human conflicts into resilient spaces.
With the increasing illegibility of the environmental construction of our societies he elaborates a Political Philosophy of Landscape to decipher the generation / de-generation and re-generation cogs of our fragile landscape mutation to produce ethical design and equitable planning.
Director of the landscape planning platform SCAPETHICAL, Alban Mannisi holds a:
- PhD in Territorial Planning from the School of Architecture Paris-La Vilette
- Master of Landscape Architecture from the Architecture and Landscape School of Bordeaux (MLA)
- Master of Fine Arts from the National Schools of Fines Arts of Nantes (MFA).
Intrigued by how connected histories and hybrid cultures model our scape, he has lived, practiced or taught in France, Korea, Singapore, England, Thailand, Japan and as of now Australia.
This has involved him in a variety of projects among 13 different countries in collaboration with the professionals in fields, such as landscape architects and planners, architects, urban and territorial planners, environmentalists, governmental officers, researchers and academics.
- Mannisi, A. (2019). Urban Inquiry of Seoul Daily Life In: IGLUS Quarterly-Issue 4, 4, 21 - 25
- Anderson, C.,Mannisi, A.,bin Ninsalam, M. (2019). ULU In: SuperTight Melbourne, Australia
- Mannisi, A. (2017). Philosophie politique radicale du paysage au XXIe si�cle et ressources anarchistes (Radical political landscape philosophy of the 21st century and anarchist resources) In: Grand Angle Libertaire online journal France
- Mannisi, A. (2015). Social ecology, A connected History In: Model Transfer of Social Ecology in Asian Territory Seoul, Korea
- Mannisi, A. (2013). Environmental Panarchy: Process of Inclusive Landscape Planning In: Landscape and Imagination. Towards a new baseline for a changing world, Paris, France, 2-4 May 2013
- Mannisi, A. (2012). Participation et d�veloppement soutenable des territoires (Participation and Sustainable Development of Territories) In: La maison individuelle: vers ou envers des paysages soutenables?, T�h�ran, Iran, 4-8 March 2012
- Mannisi, A. (2012). The Resurgence of Urban Civil Societies in Japan: Elements for a Territorial Resilience In: Croisements (Crossings), , 178 - 198
- Mannisi, A. (2012). The Experience of Mediator of Kuwako Toshio in Japan In: Projets de Paysage, , 1 - 16
2 PhD Current Supervisions