Educator and researcher specialising in delivery and evaluation of internationally recognised higher education programs
I am an experienced educator and leader with more than 20 years’ experience in the university sector. As a Program Manager in the School of Education I am committed to evidence-informed learning. I hold a PhD focusing on Learning in the Workplace and a background in education design. I am committed to incorporating design principles in my teaching and learning.
My current research interest involves developing and refining learning materials that focus on fostering student partnership. I have a strong interest in professional and gender Identity. I am enthusiastic about drawing upon narrative informed therapy in design of teaching and career interventions.
Susan’s interest lie in the field of Management, Social Psychology and Educational Psychology with a focus on how people acquire their knowledge through authentic learning experiences. She has been involved in course co-ordination and teaching in a range of subjects I have focused on include:
- Masters in International Project Management Monitoring and Evaluation (coordinator)
- Managing People.
- Strategic Management (coordinator)
- Organisational Analysis
- Organisational Behaviour
- Introduction to Management (coordinator)
- Currently Undertaking a Masters of Narrative Therapy, Counselling Psychology -Melbourne University 2021
- Completed a Ph.D. in Workplace learning -Victoria University 2012
- Mate, S.,McDonald, M.,Do, T. (2019). The barriers and enablers to career and leadership development: An exploration of women's stories in two work cultures In: International Journal of Organizational Analysis, 27, 857 - 874
- McDonald, M.,Bubna-Litic, D.,Morgan, A.,Mate, S.,Nguyen, L. (2018). Power and self-identity: Positive psychology applied to human resource development In: Identity As a Foundation for Human Resource Development, Taylor and Francis, New York, United States
- Nguyen, L.,McDonald, M.,Mate, S.,Taylor, G. (2018). Advancing a cross-cultural narrative approach to career counselling: The case of Vietnam In: Australian Journal of Career Development, 27, 65 - 71
- Mate, S.,McDonald, M.,Morgan, A.,Hoang Nhat, D.,Das, M.,Dinh Thi Hong, N. (2017). Influences on career identity in Vietnamese students at an international university In: Australian Journal of Career Development, 26, 24 - 31
- Mate, S.,Ryan, M. (2014). Learning through work: How can a narrative approach to evaluation build students' capacity for resilience? In: Proceedings of the National Conference 2014: Work Integrated Learning: Building Capacity, Queensland, Australia, 1-3 October 2014
- Mate, S. (2014). Patterns in professional roles: sustainability narratives In: Proceedings of the 25th Annual Conference of the International Association for Business and Society, Sydney, Australia, 19-22 June 2014
1 Masters by Research Completions1 PhD Current Supervisions