Dr Joni Meenagh
Position: Lecturer, Criminology & Justice Studies
College / Portfolio: Design and Social Context
School / Department: DSC|School of GUSS
Campus: City Campus
Dr Joni Meenagh holds a PhD from the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS) at La Trobe University. Her doctoral research explored young people's negotiation of love/sex relationships and new media environments within a framework of sexual ethics.
She is a lecturer with the Masters of Public Policy, Criminology and Justice Studies where she teaches Social Policy and Social and Political Theory. She is passionate about research design, social theory, gender, sexual ethics, and acts of resistance within social systems big and small -- and of course, her cats.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- PhD Health Sciences (La Trobe University)
- BA (Honours) Sociology (University of Calgary)
Dr Meenagh is a member of The Australian Sociological Association (TASA) and the Australian Women and Gender Studies Association (AWGSA), and a peer reviewer for the Journal of Youth Studies.
- Meenagh, J. (2021). ‘She doesn’t think that happens’: When heterosexual men say no to sex In: Sexualities: studies in culture and society, 24, 322 - 340
- Sandy, L.,Meenagh, J.,Nes-Iadicola, P. (2019). Transitioning programs for sex workers: Evidence review report. In: Star Health Melbourne
- Meenagh, J. (2018). Doing Too Much: Using an Online Discussion Board, Interviews, and Developmental Vignettes to Explore Young People's Negotiation of Their Love/sex Relationships and New Media Environments In: SAGE Research Methods Cases Part 2, Sage, United Kingdom
- Meenagh, J. (2017). Breaking up and hooking up: A young woman’s experience of “sexual empowerment” In: Feminism and Psychology, 27, 447 - 464
- Sandy, L.,Powell, A.,Meenagh, J.,O'Neill, T. (2017). Evidence Review of Respectful Relationships Resources. In: VicHealth Melbourne