Nuttawuth is a researcher and educator in the School of Management, RMIT University.
Nuttawuth's research focuses on Leadership Studies, particularly ‘Leadership in the Asian context’ and ‘Workplace Innovation’ from an entrepreneurial perspective. His continuing commitment to research has been achieved through collaborations with international networks in the Asia-Pacific region such as China, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Australia.
Nuttawuth has published extensively, including research books, edited volumes, journal articles, book chapters, teaching monographs and conference proceedings. His research works have been published in high-quality journals and with prestigious international publishers such as ‘Cambridge University Press’ - Leadership: Regional and Global Perspectives; ‘Palgrave Macmillan, UK’ – The Palgrave Handbook of Leadership in Transforming Asia and The Palgrave Handbook of Workplace Innovation. ‘Cengage Learning’ - Leadership in the Asia Pacific: Readings and Research; and Organisational leadership: Concepts, Cases and Research. And recently, with ‘Routledge, UK’ - Innovation and Leadership in the Public Sector: The Australian Experience, and ‘Springer Switzerland’ Cross-Cultural Performance Management: Transcending Theory to a Practical Framework.
His passion for research supervision is derived from his desire to provide his research students with satisfying learning and research experiences. Since joined RMIT, Nuttawuth has successfully supervised and mentored 18 PhD students to completion. He is a recipient of the RMIT College of Business for Best Research Supervisor Award on two occasions. His research supervision interests include Leadership Studies, International Management, Workplace Innovation and Cross-Cultural Issues in Management.
At the School of Management, Nuttawuth leads, coordinates and teaches a Leadership course offered in four countries, Australia, Singapore, China and Vietnam. He has continuously implemented innovative approaches and re-designed course curriculum that has resulted in increased authenticity in the context of industry-relevant content to promote students’ learning and engagement. He also incorporates and extends scholarly teaching through engagement in his research, publications and course materials.
Research Supervision Interests
- Leadership Studies
- International Management
- Workplace Innovation
- Cross-Cultural Issues in Management.
Higher Degree by Research Delegated Authority (HDR DA)
- BUSM4177 Leadership and Decision Making (Melbourne)
- BUSM4194 Leadership and Decision Making (Singapore)
- BUSM4311 Leadership and Decision Making (China)
- BUSM4188 Leadership and Decision Making (Vietnam)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Master of Management (MMgt)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching & Learning (GradCert T&L)
- McMurray, A.,Muenjohn, N.,Scott, D. (2023). Measuring workplace innovation: Scale development In: Journal of Small Business Management, 4, 1563 - 1582
- Etse, D.,McMurray, A.,Muenjohn, N. (2023). Sustainable Procurement Practice: The Effect of Procurement Officers’ Perceptions In: Journal of Business Ethics, 184, 525 - 548
- Nguyen, T.,Le, T.,McMurray, A.,Muenjohn, N. (2023). Unlocking the black box of HPWPs-performance relationship in Vietnamese higher education context: the case of Ho Chi Minh City’s universities In: Studies in Higher Education, 48, 1411 - 1427
- Tran, J.,Muenjohn, N.,Cameron, R.,Montague, A.,Fan, S. (2023). Diversity climate: discrimination against skilled migrants in recruitment In: Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources, , 1 - 24
- Etse, D.,McMurray, A.,Muenjohn, N. (2022). The Effect of Regulation on Sustainable Procurement: Organisational Leadership and Culture as Mediators In: Journal of Business Ethics, 177, 305 - 325
- Moussa, M.,Doumani, T.,McMurray, A.,Muenjohn, N.,Deng, L. (2022). Cross-Cultural Performance Management, Palgrave Macmillan, London
- Tran, J.,Cameron, R.,Montague, A.,Muenjohn, N.,Fan, X. (2022). Skilled migrant workplace integration: the choice between pragmatism and critical realism approaches In: Journal of Critical Realism, 21, 331 - 351
- Moussa, M.,Newnham, L.,McMurray, A.,Muenjohn, N. (2022). Innovation and Leadership in the Public Sector, Routledge, London, United Kingdom
- Moghimi, S.,Muenjohn, N. (2021). Innovation-Enhancing Leadership in the Australian Tourism Industry In: Palgrave Handbook of Workplace Innovation, Springer, Switzerland
- Etse, D.,McMurray, A.,Muenjohn, N. (2021). Frugal Innovation: A Developmental Implications Perspective In: Palgrave Handbook of Workplace Innovation, Springer, Switzerland
18 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions3 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions