Nuttawuth is a researcher and educator at the School of Management, RMIT University.
Nuttawuth's research focuses on Leadership Studies, particularly ‘Leadership in the Asian context’ and ‘Workplace Innovation’ from an entrepreneurial perspective. His continuing commitment to research has been achieved through various research collaborations with international networks in the Asia-Pacific region such as China, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Hong Kong, India, the US and Australia.
Nuttawuth has published over 90 refereed publications, including books, journal articles, book chapters, teaching monographs and conference proceedings. His research works have been published in high-quality journals (e.g., ABDC A ranked and Scopus/SciMago Q1). He has also published his works with prestigious international publishers such as ‘Cambridge University Press’ - Leadership: Regional and Global Perspectives; ‘Palgrave Macmillan, United Kingdom’ – The Palgrave Handbook of Leadership in Transforming Asia and The Palgrave Handbook of Workplace Innovation and ‘Cengage Learning’ - Leadership in Asia Pacific: Readings and Research and Organisational leadership: Concepts, Cases and Research.
His passion for research supervision is derived from his desire to provide his research students with satisfying learning and research experiences. Since joined RMIT, Nuttawuth has successfully supervised and mentored 17 PhD students to completion. He is a recipient of the RMIT College of Business for Best Research Supervisor Award on two occasions. Under his mentorship and active supervision, his PhD students have been given several awards, grants, and publications that indicated his supervision's quality and impact. His research supervision interests include Leadership Studies, International Management, Workplace Innovation and Cross-Cultural Issues in Management.
Nuttawuth's teaching is innovative, immersive and student-centric. At the School of Management, he teaches and coordinates a Leadership course offered in four countries, Australia, Singapore, China and Vietnam, with approximately 1,500 enrolments a year. He designs the course to induct students into work-based learning experiences. The curriculum is designed to ensure that the course reflects contemporary research in this field, including his own. He also incorporates and extends scholarly teaching through engagement in his research, publications and course materials. The combination of his innovative teaching with a strong commitment to improving the learning environment has produced outstanding results.
Research Supervision Interests
Leadership Studies, International Management, Workplace Innovation and Cross-Cultural Issues in Management.
- BUSM4177 Leadership and Decision Making (Melbourne)
- BUSM4194 Leadership and Decision Making (Singapore)
- BUSM4311 Leadership and Decision Making (China)
- BUSM4188 Leadership and Decision Making (Vietnam)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Master of Management (MMgt)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching & Learning (GradCert T&L)
- Etse, D.,McMurray, A.,Muenjohn, N. (2021). Comparing sustainable public procurement in the education and health sectors In: Journal of Cleaner Production, 279, 1 - 10
- Muenjohn, N.,Ishikawa, J.,Muenjohn, P.,Memon, M.,Ting, H. (2021). The effect of innovation and leadership on performance in China and Vietnam In: Asia Pacific Business Review, 27, 101 - 110
- McMurray, A.,Muenjohn, N.,Scott, D. (2021). Measuring workplace innovation: Scale development In: Journal of Small Business Management, , 1 - 20
- Etse, D.,McMurray, A.,Muenjohn, N. (2021). The Effect of Regulation on Sustainable Procurement: Organisational Leadership and Culture as Mediators In: Journal of Business Ethics, , 1 - 21
- Etse, D.,McMurray, A.,Muenjohn, N. (2021). Frugal Workplace Innovation: A Conceptual Framework In: Palgrave Handbook of Workplace Innovation, Springer, Switzerland
- Choudhary, A.,McMurray, A.,Muenjohn, N. (2021). Impact of Workplace Innovation on Organisational Performance: A Cross Country Comparative Analysis of Entrepreneurial Ventures In: Palgrave Handbook of Workplace Innovation, Springer, Switzerland
- Etse, D.,McMurray, A.,Muenjohn, N. (2021). Unleashing Innovation Across Ethical and Moral Boundaries: The Dark Side of Using Innovation for Self-Advantage In: Palgrave Handbook of Workplace Innovation, Springer, Switzerland
- Moghimi, S.,Muenjohn, N. (2021). Innovation-Enhancing Leadership in the Australian Tourism Industry In: Palgrave Handbook of Workplace Innovation, Springer, Switzerland
- Etse, D.,McMurray, A.,Muenjohn, N. (2021). Frugal Innovation: A Developmental Implications Perspective In: Palgrave Handbook of Workplace Innovation, Springer, Switzerland
- Muenjohn, N.,Ishikawa, J.,Kongsamutr, N.,Muenjohn, P.,Montague, A.,Suzumura, Y. (2020). Comparing perceptions of leadership, innovation and performance in Asian SMEs In: Asia Pacific Business Review, , 1 - 15
18 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions2 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions