Applied Macroeconomics; Financial Economics; International Trade and Finance; Economic Growth; Energy; and Time series and Panel Analysis.
- College of Business Publication Grant of $4500 in 2012.
- School of Economics, Finance and Marketing, Learning and Teaching Grant of $4500 in 2012.
- College of Business - Career Interruption Fellowship of $36,000 in 2010.
- School of Economics, Finance and Marketing Seeding Grant of $5000 in 2010.
- Macroeconomics 2
- Development Economics
- Ph.D (Economics and Econometrics), Monash University, 2009
- Narayan, S.,Narayan, P. (2017). Estimating the speed of adjustment to target levels: The case of energy prices In: Energy Economics, 62, 419 - 427
- Narayan, P.,Phan, D.,Narayan, S.,Bannigidadmath, D. (2017). Is there a financial news risk premium in Islamic stocks? In: Pacific Basin Finance Journal, 42, 158 - 170
- Narayan, S.,Narayana, P. (2017). Are oil price news headlines statistically and economically significant for investors? In: Journal of Behavioral Finance, 18, 258 - 270
- Narayana, P.,Ahmed, H.,Narayan, S. (2017). Can investors gain from investing in certain sectors? In: Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 48, 160 - 177
- Narayan, S.,Doytch, N. (2017). An investigation of renewable and non-renewable energy consumption and economic growth nexus using industrial and residential energy consumption In: Energy Economics, 68, 160 - 176
- Narayan, P.,Narayan, S.,Khademalomoom, S.,Phan, D. (2017). Do terrorist attacks impact exchange rate behavior? New international evidence In: Economic Inquiry, 56, 547 - 561
- Narayan, S.,Rehmand, M. (2017). Diversification opportunities between emerging and frontier Asian (EFA) and developed stock markets In: Finance Research Letters, 23, 223 - 232
- Narayan, S. (2016). Predictability within the energy consumption-economic growth nexus: Some evidence from income and regional groups In: Economic Modelling, 54, 515 - 521
- Narayan, S.,Doytch, N.,Nguyen, T.,Kluegel, K. (2016). Trade of goods and services and risk sharing ability in international equity markets: Are these substitutes or complements? In: International Review of Economics and Finance, 45, 485 - 503
- Hiremath, G.,Narayan, S. (2016). Testing the adaptive market hypothesis and its determinants for the Indian stock markets In: Finance Research Letters, 19, 173 - 180
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
2 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions5 PhD Current Supervisions
Time series Econometric Analyses, Applied Macroeconomics, Development Economics, and Financial Economics