Dr Olasupo Owoeye is a Senior Lecturer in Law at the RMIT Graduate School of Business and Law.
Dr Olasupo Owoeye is a law academic with expertise in International Intellectual Property Law. He is admitted to the legal profession in Nigeria, New Zealand and Australia. Dr Owoeye practised as a counsel at Punuka Attorneys and Solicitors, a top tier Lagos law firm, before he became a law academic.
He has previously taught at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels at the University of Tasmania, the RMIT International University, Vietnam, and the University of South Australia. He was also a Humboldt Research Fellow at the University of Augsburg, Germany and the Catholic University of Lyon, France in 2015.
Dr Owoeye has published extensively in a number of refereed international journals and he has presented research findings at different international conferences and seminars in Australia, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Italy, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Africa and USA.
- PhD (Law), University of Tasmania
- LL.B (Hons), University of Ibadan
- Owoeye, O.,Oduwole, J. (2017). Development, access to medicines and the ebola virus epidemic in West Africa In: Journal of Law and Medicine, 24, 722 - 740
- Owoeye, O.,Olatunji, O.,Faturoti, B. (2017). Patents and the trans-pacific partnership: How TPP-style intellectual property standards may exacerbate the access to medicines problem in the East African Community In: The International Trade Journal, , 1 - 22
- Owoeye, O. (2016). Access to energy in Sub-Saharan Africa: A human rights approach to the climate change benefits of energy access In: Environmental Law Review, 18, 284 - 300
- Owoeye, O. (2016). Regionalism and WTO multilateralism: The case for an African continental free trade area In: Journal of World Trade, 50, 1085 - 1110
- Owoeye, O.,Van der Pijl, M. (2016). Corporate governance in Vietnam - Its significance and challenges In: International Journal of Corporate Governance, 7, 60 - 77
- Owoeye, O. (2016). Intellectual Property, Innovation and Development: A Third World's Perspective In: European Journal of Sustainable Development, 5, 225 - 232
- Owoeye, O.,Adewale, M. (2016). 3D printing and patent law: A balance of rights and obligations In: European Intellectual Property Review, 38, 697 - 702
- Owoeye, O. (2015). Patents for drugs and the right to development in international law In: Law and Development Review, 8, 69 - 97
- Owoeye, O. (2015). International patents law and public health: Revisiting the TRIPS compulsory licensing regime and the Doha paragraph-6 system In: European Intellectual Property Review, 37, 782 - 795
- Owoeye, O. (2015). Corporate social accountability in developing countries: A recipe for the socially responsible corporation In: International Journal of Accounting, Business and Management, 1, 1 - 7
1 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions