Dr Paz-Ferreiro's research is broadly concerned with waste management and its recycling into the soil system. Recently his research is concerned with biochar, a pyrolysis product, which can provide environmental benefits including carbon sequestration, improving soil quality and the remediation of polluted areas.
He is interested in organic and inorganic pollutants and their effect on soil biological activity.
A patent was issued to him in 2012 covering a method of 'agglomerating carbonaceous materials, involving mixing carbonaceous material with sunflower oil' (Patent ES-2 372 951).
A publication listing is available on Google Scholar.
- B.Sc. in Chemistry (Environmental) (Honours)
- M.Sc. in Environmental Science and Natural Resources
- Ph.D. in Environmental Science and Natural Resources
- Editorial Board Member, Soil and Tillage Research
- Member of the Soil Science Society of America
- Member of the Spanish Society of Soil Science
- Member of the European Geosciences Union
- Wang, T.,Liu, S.,Mao, W.,Bai, Y.,Chiang, K.,Shah, K.,Paz-Ferreiro, J. (2020). Novel Bi2WO6 loaded N-biochar composites with enhanced photocatalytic degradation of rhodamine B and Cr(VI) In: Journal of Hazardous Materials, 389, 1 - 11
- Askeland, M.,Clarke, B.,Cheema, S.,Mendez, A.,Gasco, G.,Paz-Ferreiro, J. (2020). Biochar sorption of PFOS, PFOA, PFHxS and PFHxA in two soils with contrasting texture In: Chemosphere, 249, 1 - 10
- Huang, R.,Dong, M.,Mao, P.,Zhuang, P.,Paz-Ferreiro, J.,Li, Y.,Li, Y.,Hu, X.,Netherway, P.,Li, Z. (2020). Evaluation of phytoremediation potential of five Cd (hyper)accumulators in two Cd contaminated soils In: Science of the Total Environment, 721, 1 - 10
- Bahcivanji, L.,Gasco, G.,Paz-Ferreiro, J.,Mendez, A. (2020). The effect of post-pyrolysis treatment on waste biomass derived hydrochar In: Waste Management, 106, 55 - 61
- Netherway, P.,Gasco, G.,Mendez, A.,Surapaneni, A.,Reichman, S.,Shah, K.,Paz-Ferreiro, J. (2020). Using phosphorus-rich biochars to remediate lead-contaminated soil: Influence on soil enzymes and extractable P In: Agronomy, 10, 454 - 7
- Askeland, M.,Clarke, B.,Paz-Ferreiro, J. (2020). A serial PFASs sorption technique coupled with adapted high volume direct aqueous injection LCMS method In: MethodsX, 7, 1 - 9
- �lvarez, M.,Mendez, A.,Paz-Ferreiro, J.,Gasco, G. (2020). Effects of manure waste biochars in mining soils In: Applied Sciences, 10, 1 - 17
- De Figueiredo, C.,Pinheiro, T.,Zacanaro de Oliveira, L.,Silva de Araujo, A.,Coser, T.,Paz-Ferreiro, J. (2020). Direct and residual effect of biochar derived from biosolids on soil phosphorus pools: A four-year field assessment In: Science of the Total Environment, 739, 1 - 10
- Patel, S.,Kundu, S.,Halder, P.,Veluswamy, G.,Pramanik, B.,Paz-Ferreiro, J.,Surapaneni, A.,Shah, K. (2019). Slow pyrolysis of biosolids in a bubbling fluidised bed reactor using biochar, activated char and lime In: Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 144, 1 - 11
- De Figueiredo, C.,Coser, T.,Moreira, T.,Le�o, T.,Teixeira do Vale, A.,Paz-Ferreiro, J. (2019). Carbon mineralization in a soil amended with sewage sludge-derived biochar In: Applied Sciences (Switzerland), 9, 1 - 14
11 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions2 PhD Completions and 2 Masters by Research Completions
- Single Particle Elemental Analysis � Imaging Mass Cytometer Facility (administered by University of Melbourne). Funded by: ARC LIEF via other University from (2020 to 2020)
- Integrated water management through the application of advanced wastewater treatments (Research Exchange with the Universidad Estuado de Maringa). Funded by: Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions - Competitive from (2018 to 2019)
- Landscape modelling, remote sensing, nutrient management, tools for precision agriculture and grape quality: Grant number 255899413. Funded by: Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering Priming Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2017)
- Converting solid waste from abbatoirs into Hydrochar. Funded by: Australian Meat Processor Corporation Grant 2015 from (2015 to 2016)