Alberto Posso is an associate professor in RMIT's School of Economics, Finance and Marketing.
Dr Posso is a labour economist interested in development. Through his work, he tries to have a positive impact on developing countries by creating evidence-based policies that aim to reduce poverty, inequality and discrimination.
He completed his PhD in Economics in the Australian National University in 2008 and has been working as an Economist for RMIT since 2009.
Dr Posso's research area is in labour economics with a focus on the developing world. He has published studies on trade and labour economics, applications of labour to sports economics, on poverty and inequality and on political economy and labour market outcomes.
For a list of publications please visit Dr Posso’s personal webpage www.albertoposso.org.
International development, international trade, labour economics, wages, inequality, poverty, child labour, remittances, financial integration, panel data econometrics, microeconometrics.
- PhD Economics (Australian National University)
- Zhang, Q.,Posso, A. (2017). Microfinance and gender inequality: Cross-country evidence In: Applied Economics Letters, , 1 - 5
- Posso, A. (2017). Child Labour's effect on long-run earnings: An analysis of cohorts In: Economic Modelling, 64, 465 - 472
- Posso, A.,Fry, T.,Gangemi, M.,Tawadros, G. (2016). �F�tbol! Is there a Latin American bias in the European Champions League? In: Journal of Sports Economics, 17, 1 - 15
- Posso, A. (2016). Hay discriminaci�n en contra de las mujeres en el mercado laboral ecuatoriano? (Is there discrimination against women in the Ecuadorian labour market?) In: Cuadernos de Econom�a, 39, 175 - 188
- Posso, A.,Feeny, S. (2016). Beyond enrolments: the determinants of primary-school attendance in Melanesia In: Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, 21, 531 - 548
- Ahmed, S.,Feeny, S.,Posso, A. (2016). What firm characteristics determine women's employment in manufacturing? Evidence from Bangladesh In: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, 35, 99 - 122
- Posso, A. (2016). Internet usage and educational outcomes among 15-year-old Australian students In: International Journal of Communication, 10, 3851 - 3876
- Posso, A. (2016). La Pesadilla Neoliberal: Why east Asia did not experience a 'neoliberal nightmare' while Latin America did In: Managing Globalization in the Asian Century, ISEAS Publishing, Singapore
- Posso, A. (2016). Have Latin Americans Really Swung to the Left? In: Delaware Review of Latin American Studies, 17, 1 - 13
- Awaworyi Churchill, S.,Okai, D.,Posso, A. (2015). Internet use and ethnic heterogeneity in a cross-section of countries In: Economic Papers, 35, 59 - 72
- The benefits of cataract removal and restoring sight in Vietnam: moving beyond income. Funded by: Fred Hollows Foundation Grant 2015 from (2015 to 2016)
- Economic Shocks: Reducing Vulnerability and Increasing Resilience in the Pacific. Funded by: Australian Development Research Awards pre-2014 from (2010 to 2013)
4 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions5 PhD Current Supervisions