Alberto Posso is a Professor of Economics at the International Development and Trade Research Group in RMIT's School of Economics, Finance and Marketing.
Professor Posso is an international development economist. His work tries to have a positive impact on developing countries by creating evidence-based policies that aim to reduce poverty, inequality and discrimination.
He completed his PhD in Economics in the Australian National University in 2008 and has been working as an Economist at RMIT since 2009.
Professor Posso's research area is in development economics. He has published studies on child labour, trade and labour economics, poverty and inequality and on political economy and labour market outcomes.
For a list of publications please visit Professor Posso's personal webpage www.albertoposso.org.
International development, labour economics, wages, inequality, poverty, child labour, remittances, financial integration, international trade, panel data econometrics, microeconometrics.
- PhD in Economics from The Australian National University
- Zhang, Q.,Posso, A. (2019). Thinking inside the box: a closer look at financial inclusion and household income In: Journal of Development Studies, , 1 - 16
- Posso, A.,Athukorala, P. (2018). Microfinance and child mortality In: Applied Economics, 50, 2313 - 2324
- Feeny, S.,Posso, A.,McDonald, P.,Chuyen, T.,Tung, S. (2018). Beyond monetary benefits of restoring sight in Vietnam: Evaluating well-being gains from cataract surgery In: PLoS ONE, 13, 1 - 12
- Posso, A. (2018). The health consequences of hazardous and nonhazardous child labor In: Review of Development Economics, , 1 - 21
- Zhang, Q.,Posso, A. (2017). Microfinance and gender inequality: Cross-country evidence In: Applied Economics Letters, 24, 1494 - 1498
- Posso, A. (2017). Child Labour's effect on long-run earnings: An analysis of cohorts In: Economic Modelling, 64, 465 - 472
- Posso, A. (2017). Preferential Trade Agreements with Labour Provisions and Child Labour: Evidence From Asia and the Pacific In: Asia-Pacific Development Journal, 24, 89 - 111
- Donahue, J.,Eccles, K.,Feeny, S.,McDonald, P.,Posso, A. (2017). Gendered impacts of global economic shocks: findings from households in Melanesia In: Pacific Studies, 40, 329 - 356
- Posso, A. (2017). Preferential trade agreements with labour provisions and labour market outcomes: evidence from Asia and the Pacific In: United Nations Economic Commission for Asia Pacific Bangkok, Thailand
- Brooks, D.,Posso, A.,Abdullaev, B. (2016). A Report on Enhancing Labour Mobility in the APEC Region In: Australian Government Department of Employment Singapore
- A Quantitative Study on the Influence of Child Sponsorship on Development Outcomes. Funded by: Plan International UK from (2018 to 2019)
- The benefits of cataract removal and restoring sight in Vietnam: moving beyond income. Funded by: Fred Hollows Foundation Grant 2015 from (2015 to 2016)
- Economic Shocks: Reducing Vulnerability and Increasing Resilience in the Pacific. Funded by: Australian Development Research Awards pre-2014 from (2010 to 2013)
5 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions6 PhD Current Supervisions