Dr Radcliffe is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering. His main teaching responsibilities include courses related to networking, Linux, embedded systems and engineering software. He also supervises a large number of project students and PhD students.
Dr Radcliffe won the Early Career Researcher award at RMIT in 2012 and currently supervises a number of PhD students. He is part of the Network Systems research group in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
He is currently interested in the following research areas:
- Network security
- Embedded systems
Students interested in a PhD with Dr Radcliffe should first read Getting a PhD and then contact Dr Radcliffe. Most PhD work in these areas require good software skills as well as knowledge of the problem domain.
- 2007-2013: Developed eight new courses for teaching
- 2011: Early career researcher award RMIT
- 2010: ALTC award, a national award for high quality university teaching
- 2008: RMIT Student Choice Award. Major LTIF grant to develop automated marking and advanced feedback tools and methodologies
- 2006: SECE “Student Choice Award“
- 2004: RMIT winner of “Student Centred Learning“ award and “Student Choice Award“
Dr Radcliffe has written for The Conversation and appeared as a technical expert on 2SE.
- BEng Melb
- MEng RMIT
- PhD RMIT
Dr Radcliffe has worked and has contacts with a wide range of companies and government authorities.
- Network security
- Embedded systems
- Software for engineering applications
- Electronics design
- Steane, T.,Radcliffe, P. (2017). An evaluation and enhancement of a novel IoT joining protocol In: Australian Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy, 5, 46 - 60
- Kumar, D.,Radcliffe, P. (2017). Problem basedl learning for engineering In: Proceedings of the 39th Annual International Conference of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC 2017), Jeju Island, South Korea, South Korea, 11-15 July 2017
- Sivabalan, S.,Radcliffe, P. (2016). Real time calibration of DDoS blocking rules for Web Servers In: Computer Communication and Collaboration, 4, 42 - 50
- Steane, T.,Radcliffe, P. (2016). An enhanced implementation of a novel IoT joining protocol In: Proceedings of the 26th International Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference (ITNAC 2016), Dunedin, New Zealand, 7-9 December 2016
- Nasrin, S.,Radcliffe, P. (2016). A novel three stage network joining protocol for internet of things based home automation systems In: Computer Communication and Collaboration, 4, 1 - 11
- Radcliffe, P.,Kumar, D. (2016). Is problem-based learning suitable for engineering? In: Australasian Journal of Engineering Education, 21, 81 - 88
- Radcliffe, P.,Kumar, D. (2015). Sensorless speed measurement for brushed DC motors In: IET Power Electronics, 8, 2223 - 2228
- Rudolph, H.,Radcliffe, P. (2015). Quick Start to First Year Student Motivation and Better Employability In: Proceedings of the 2015 Australasian Association for Engineering Education (AAEE) Conference: "Blended Design and Project Based Learning: a future for engineering education, Geelong, Australia, 6-9 December 2015
- Nasrin, S.,Radcliffe, P. (2014). Novel protocol enables DIY home automation In: Proceedings of the Australasian Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference (ATNAC 2014), Melbourne, Australia, 26-28 November 2014
- Zanna, P.,Hosseini, S.,Radcliffe, P.,O'Neill, B. (2014). The challenges of deploying a software defined network In: Proceedings of the Australasian Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference (ATNAC 2014), Melbourne, Australia, 26-28 November 2014
2 PhD Completions and 8 Masters by Research Completions5 PhD Current Supervisions