- Effects of obstructive sleep apnoea on cognitive function and neuropathology.
- Iron-mediated oxidative stress in brain cells and in neurodegenerative diseases.
- Mechanisms of hemin neurotoxicity in haemorrhagic stroke.
- Applications and implications of nano- and micro-technology for brain health.
- Cognitive and neuropathological consequences of systemic inflammation.
- Traditional and complementary medicines as treatments for disorders of the brain and cognition.
- Bruce, K.,Yelland, G.,Smith, J.,Robinson, S. (2017). Cognitive impairment after cardiac surgery: confounding factors and recommendations for improved practice In: Handbook of Psychocardiology, Springer, Singapore
- van Langenberg, D.,Yelland, G.,Robinson, S.,Gibson, P. (2017). Cognitive impairment in Crohn's disease is associated with systemic inflammation, symptom burden and sleep disturbance In: United European Gastroenterology Journal, 5, 579 - 587
- Li, S.,Zeng, X.,Zhou, X.,Wang, H.,Jo, E.,Robinson, S.,Xu, A.,Ye, J. (2016). Dietary cholesterol induces hepatic inflammation and blunts mitochondrial function in the liver of high fat fed mice In: Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 27, 96 - 103
- Owen, J.,Bishop, G.,Robinson, S. (2016). Uptake and toxicity of hemin and iron in cultured mouse astrocytes In: Neurochemical Research, 41, 298 - 306
- May, B.,Zhang, A.,Robinson, S.,Xue, C. (2015). Chinese herbs for cognitive decline: historical and contemporary applications In: Diet and Nutrition in Dementia and Cognitive Decline, Elsevier, San Diego, United States
- Robinson, S.,Lee, A.,Bishop, G.,Czerwinska, H.,Dringen, R. (2015). Inhibition of astrocytic glutamine synthetase by lead is associated with a slowed clearance of hydrogen peroxide by the glutathione system In: Frontiers in Integrative Neuroscience, 9, 1 - 8
- Lichtwark, I.,Newnham, E.,Robinson, S.,Shepherd, S.,Hosking, P.,Gibson, P.,Yelland, G. (2014). Cognitive impairment in coeliac disease improves on a gluten free diet and correlates with histological and serological indices of disease severity In: Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 40, 160 - 170
- Speirs, S.,Rinehart, N.,Robinson, S.,Tonge, B.,Yelland, G. (2014). Efficacy of cognitive processes in young people with high-functioning autism spectrum disorder using a novel visual information-processing task In: Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 44, 2809 - 2819
- Owen, J.,Bishop, G.,Robinson, S. (2014). Phenanthrolines protect astrocytes from hemin without chelating iron In: Neurochemical Research, 39, 693 - 699
- Bruce, K.,Robinson, S.,Smith, J.,Yelland, G. (2014). Validity of a screening tool for detecting subtle cognitive impairment in the middle-aged and elderly In: Clinical Interventions in Aging, 9, 2165 - 2176
- Amyloid deposition and cognitive function in Obstructive Sleep Apnoea. Funded by: Brain Foundation Research Gifts Program Grant 2016 from (2018 to 2018)
- Early origins of multiple sclerosis: impact of prenatal hypoxia on developmental myelination and the capacity for myelin repair in adulthood.. Funded by: MS Research Australia - Proteomics Incubator Grant 2017 from (2018 to 2018)
- Amyloid deposition and cognitive function in Obstructive Sleep Apnoea. Funded by: Mason Foundation Medical and Scientific Grants 2017 from (2017 to 2019)
- Evidence-based chiropractic research. Funded by: Marin Family Chiropractic Research Fund Grant pre-2014 from (2013 to 2020)
- A toxic cycle of inflammation and iron in the ageing brain. Funded by: ARC Discovery 2012 from (2012 to 2014)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
7 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions