Justin Rogers is a lecturer in the Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations) at RMIT.
Justin has coordinated and taught courses including:
- Specialist public relations
- Internal communication and change management
- Complementary skills for PR practitioners
- PR campaigns
- Strategic PR planning
- Introduction to PR
- PR writing for the media
- Media relations
- International Association of Business Communicators: Member 2013
- International Association for Public Participation: Member 2013
Justin’s research interests include:
- Strategic communication
- Human centred design
- Visual communication
- Public communication campaigns
- Doctor of Philosophy, RMIT University – current candidate
- Bachelor of Design (Interior Design) (Honours), RMIT University
- Bachelor of Business (Communication), QUT University
- Major in Public Relations
Justin’s career in professional communication began in the United Kingdom at the National Farmers’ Union of England and Wales (NFU). Here he worked in the NFU public affairs team at the height of the foot and mouth crisis handling crisis communications and delivering high profile communication campaigns to help rebuild the British agriculture industry post outbreak.
He went on to continue to work for peak professional bodies including the Victorian Farmers' Federation and the Law Institute of Victoria. Justin has also worked for major arts organisations including Museum Victoria and the Australian Centre for the Moving Image. In these roles he planned and delivered high profile media campaigns and managed government relations. Justin has also worked as a consultant for leading national consultancies and consulted to several high profile NGOs and corporate clients focusing on internal communications and stakeholder relations.