Dr. Flora Salim is a Lecturer at the School of Computer Science and Information Technology, RMIT University. She was a recipient of the Australian Research Council (ARC) Postdoctoral Industry (APDI) Fellowship award.
She completed her PhD in Computer Science at Monash University in 2009. Her research areas are mobile, pervasive, ubiquitous computing, and Intelligent Transportation Systems. Her specific interests include human mobility, crowdsensing (with mobile, wearables, or Internet of Things), data and visual analytics, and innovative user interfaces. She is a Chief Investigator on projects funded by Australian Research Council, RMIT Siemens Sustainable Urban Precinct Project, Australian Urban Infrastructure Research Network, and several industry-partnered projects. She has also received awards from IBM Smarter Cities Lab, Ian Potter Foundation, and RMIT.
More information on Dr Flora Salim, her projects and publications, can be found on her personal website.
- Ren, Y.,Tomko, M.,Salim, F.,Ong, K.,Sanderson, M. (2017). Analyzing web behavior in indoor retail spaces In: Association for Information Science and Technology Journal, 68, 62 - 76
- Nguyen, T.,Nguyen, V.,Salim, F.,Le, D.,Phung, D. (2017). A simultaneous extraction of context and community from pervasive signals using nested Dirichlet process In: Pervasive and Mobile Computing, 38, 396 - 417
- Ren, Y.,Salim, F.,Tomko, M.,Bai, Y.,Chan, J.,Qin, K.,Sanderson, M. (2017). D-Log: A WiFi Log-based differential scheme for enhanced indoor localization with single RSSI source and infrequent sampling rate In: Pervasive and Mobile Computing, 37, 94 - 114
- Sadri, A.,Salim, F.,Ren, Y.,Masoomeh, Z.,Chan, J.,Sellis, T. (2017). Shrink: Distance preserving graph compression In: Information Systems, 69, 180 - 193
- Sadri, A.,Ren, Y.,Salim, F. (2017). Information gain-based metric for recognizing transitions in human activities In: Pervasive and Mobile Computing, 38, 92 - 109
- Rahaman, M.,Mei, Y.,Hamilton, M.,Salim, F. (2017). CAPRA: A contour-based accessible path routing algorithm In: Information Sciences, 385-386, 157 - 173
- Arief Ang, I.,Salim, F.,Hamilton, M. (2017). SD-HOC: seasonal decomposition algorithm for mining lagged time series In: Proceedings of the15th Australasian Data Mining Conference (AusDM 2017), Melbourne, Australia, 19-20 August 2017
- Liono, J.,Qin, K.,Salim, F. (2016). Optimal time window for temporal segmentation of sensor streams in multi-activity recognition In: Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services (MOBIQUITOUS 2016), Hiroshima, Japan, 28 November -1 December 2016
- Liono, J.,Valentine, A.,Khoo, C.,Salim, F. (2016). Measuring passers-by engagement with AmPost: A printed interactive audio poster In: Proceedings of the 28th Australian Computer-Human Interaction Conference, Launceston, Australia, 29 November - 2 December 2016
- Krome, S.,Liono, J.,Salim, F.,Greuter, S.,Steinberger, F. (2016). AutoJammin' - Designing progression in traffic and music In: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications, Ann Arbor, United States, 24-26 October 2016
- Swarming: micro-flight data capture and analysis in architectural design. Funded by: ARC Linkage Grant 2015 Round 1 from (2015 to 2018)
- Integrated Design Infrastructure for Australia's Cities -- administered by University of Adelaide . Funded by: Australian Urban Research Infrastructure Network (AURIN) Grant pre-2014 from (2014 to 2015)
- An integrated and real-time passenger travel and public transport service information system. Funded by: ARC Linkage Grant pre-2014 Round 2 from (2013 to 2017)
- Demonstration of an Open Platform for Tangible and Social Interactions with Responsive Models. Funded by: Ian Permezel memorial award from (2011 to 2011)
- Ian Potter Foundation Travel Grant - ACADIA 2011 - Dr Flora Salim. Funded by: Ian Potter Foundation Travel Grant CAT0 (historic) from (2011 to 2011)
3 PhD Completions8 PhD Current Supervisions