Dr. Flora Salim is a Lecturer at the School of Computer Science and Information Technology, RMIT University. She was a recipient of the Australian Research Council (ARC) Postdoctoral Industry (APDI) Fellowship award.
She completed her PhD in Computer Science at Monash University in 2009. Her research areas are mobile, pervasive, ubiquitous computing, and Intelligent Transportation Systems. Her specific interests include human mobility, crowdsensing (with mobile, wearables, or Internet of Things), data and visual analytics, and innovative user interfaces. She is a Chief Investigator on projects funded by Australian Research Council, RMIT Siemens Sustainable Urban Precinct Project, Australian Urban Infrastructure Research Network, and several industry-partnered projects. She has also received awards from IBM Smarter Cities Lab, Ian Potter Foundation, and RMIT.
More information on Dr Flora Salim, her projects and publications, can be found on her personal website.
- Liono, J.,Jayaraman, P.,Qin, A.,Nguyen, T.,Salim, F. (2019). (In Press) QDaS: Quality driven data summarisation for effective storage management in Internet of Things In: Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, , 1 - 13
- Priyogi, B.,Sanderson, M.,Salim, F.,Chan, J.,Tomko, M.,Ren, Y. (2018). Identifying In-App User Actions from Mobile Web Logs In: Proceedings of the 22nd Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD 2018) Part II, Melbourne, Australia, 3-6 June 2018
- Zambonelli, F.,Salim, F.,LOKE, S.,De Meuter, W.,Kanhere, S. (2018). Algorithmic Governance in Smart Cities: The Conundrum and the Potential of Pervasive Computing Solutions In: IEEE Technology and Society Magazine, 37, 80 - 87
- Sarker, I.,Salim, F. (2018). Mining User Behavioral Rules from Smartphone Data through Association Analysis In: Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. PAKDD 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10937., Melbourne, Australia, 3-6 June 2018
- Arief Ang, I.,Hamilton, M.,Salim, F. (2018). A Scalable Room Occupancy Prediction with Transferable Time Series Decomposition of CO2 Sensor Data In: ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, 14, 1 - 28
- Saiedur Rahaman, M.,Hamilton, M.,Salim, F. (2018). Coact: A framework for context-aware trip planning using active transport In: 2018 IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PerCom Workshops), Athens, Greece, 19-23 March 2018
- Saiedur Rahaman, M.,Ren, Y.,Hamilton, M.,Salim, F. (2018). Wait time prediction for airport taxis using weighted nearest neighbor regression In: IEEE Access, 6, 74660 - 74672
- Saiedur Rahaman, M.,Hamilton, M.,Salim, F. (2018). Using Big Spatial Data for Planning User Mobility In: Encyclopedia of Big Data Technologies, Springer International Publishing, Cham, Switzerland
- Liono, J.,Abdallah, Z.,Qin, A.,Salim, F. (2018). Inferring Transportation Mode and Human Activity from Mobile Sensing in Daily Life In: Proceedings of the 15th EAI International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services, New York, NY, USA, 5-7 November 2018
- Fairbrother, P.,Douglas, N.,Denham, T.,Salim, F.,West, M.,Teng, S. (2018). Gippsland Food value chain: Data driven regional development In: CRC Food Agility Australia
- A cyber physical and socially aware personal assistant. Funded by: Microsoft Corporation (USA) - research grant 2018 from (2018 to 2019)
- Rygbee Campus. Funded by: Rygbee USA - Scholarship from (2018 to 2022)
- Swarming: micro-flight data capture and analysis in architectural design (Administered by Swinburne University). Funded by: ARC Linkage Grant 2015 Round 1 from (2017 to 2020)
- Integrated Design Infrastructure for Australia's Cities -- administered by University of Adelaide. Funded by: Australian Urban Research Infrastructure Network (AURIN) Grant pre-2014 from (2014 to 2015)
- An integrated and real-time passenger travel and public transport service information system. Funded by: ARC Linkage Grant pre-2014 Round 2 from (2013 to 2018)
11 PhD Current Supervisions7 PhD Completions