Dr. Flora Salim is a Lecturer at the School of Computer Science and Information Technology, RMIT University. She was a recipient of the Australian Research Council (ARC) Postdoctoral Industry (APDI) Fellowship award.
She completed her PhD in Computer Science at Monash University in 2009. Her research areas are mobile, pervasive, ubiquitous computing, and Intelligent Transportation Systems. Her specific interests include human mobility, crowdsensing (with mobile, wearables, or Internet of Things), data and visual analytics, and innovative user interfaces. She is a Chief Investigator on projects funded by Australian Research Council, RMIT Siemens Sustainable Urban Precinct Project, Australian Urban Infrastructure Research Network, and several industry-partnered projects. She has also received awards from IBM Smarter Cities Lab, Ian Potter Foundation, and RMIT.
More information on Dr Flora Salim, her projects and publications, can be found on her personal website.
- Nguyen, T.,Nguyen, V.,Salim, F.,Le, D.,Phung, D. (2017). A simultaneous extraction of context and community from pervasive signals using nested Dirichlet process In: Pervasive and Mobile Computing, 38, 396 - 417
- Ren, Y.,Salim, F.,Tomko, M.,Bai, Y.,Chan, J.,Qin, K.,Sanderson, M. (2017). D-Log: A WiFi Log-based differential scheme for enhanced indoor localization with single RSSI source and infrequent sampling rate In: Pervasive and Mobile Computing, 37, 94 - 114
- Sadri, A.,Salim, F.,Ren, Y.,Masoomeh, Z.,Chan, J.,Sellis, T. (2017). Shrink: Distance preserving graph compression In: Information Systems, 69, 180 - 193
- Sadri, A.,Ren, Y.,Salim, F. (2017). Information gain-based metric for recognizing transitions in human activities In: Pervasive and Mobile Computing, 38, 92 - 109
- Rahaman, M.,Mei, Y.,Hamilton, M.,Salim, F. (2017). CAPRA: A contour-based accessible path routing algorithm In: Information Sciences, 385-386, 157 - 173
- Arief Ang, I.,Salim, F.,Hamilton, M. (2017). SD-HOC: seasonal decomposition algorithm for mining lagged time series In: Proceedings of the15th Australasian Data Mining Conference (AusDM 2017), Melbourne, Australia, 19-20 August 2017
- Ren, Y.,Tomko, M.,Salim, F.,Chan, J.,Clarke, C.,Sanderson, M. (2017). (In Press) A location-query-browse graph for contextual recommendation In: IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, , 1 - 15
- Shao, W.,Salim, F.,Gu, T.,Phan, D.,Chan, J. (2017). (In Press) Travelling officer problem: managing car parking violations efficiently using sensor data In: IEEE Internet of Things Journal, , 1 - 9
- Rahaman, S.,Hamilton, M.,Salim, F. (2017). Predicting Imbalanced Taxi and Passenger Queue Contexts in Airport In: PACIS 2017 PROCEEDINGS, Langkawi, Malaysia, 16-20 July, 2017
- Song, H.,Qin, A.,Salim, F. (2017). Multi-resolution selective ensemble extreme learning machine for electricity consumption prediction In: Proceedings of the 24th International Conference PART V (ICONIP 2017), Guangzhou, China, 14-18 November 2017
- A cyber physical and socially aware personal assistant. Funded by: Microsoft Corporation (USA) - research grant 2018 from (2018 to 2019)
- Swarming: micro-flight data capture and analysis in architectural design (Administered by Swinburne University). Funded by: ARC Linkage Grant 2015 Round 1 from (2017 to 2020)
- Integrated Design Infrastructure for Australia's Cities -- administered by University of Adelaide . Funded by: Australian Urban Research Infrastructure Network (AURIN) Grant pre-2014 from (2014 to 2015)
- An integrated and real-time passenger travel and public transport service information system. Funded by: ARC Linkage Grant pre-2014 Round 2 from (2013 to 2017)
- Demonstration of an Open Platform for Tangible and Social Interactions with Responsive Models. Funded by: Ian Permezel memorial award from (2011 to 2011)
3 PhD Completions9 PhD Current Supervisions