Warren is a Lecturer in Management in the School of Management at RMIT University who teaches in the areas of Business Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Governance, Business & Government in the Global Context, and Business Research Methods. Warren has previously worked as a researcher in the University (Centre for Management Quality Research), Local Government and Construction industries on a wide range of broadly management related projects.
Warren is currently a member of the Business College Human Ethics Network (BCHEAN) and Convenor of the School of Graduate Research Shut Up and Write Group.
Warren has previously been Higher Degree by Research Coordinator within the School of Management (2010-2012); the RMIT University Early Career Research (ECR) Steering Group; a member of School and College research committees; and was the Doctoral Student Representative on the Australia New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) Executive between 2005-2007.
Warren's research interests are in the public sector: management, particularly public procurement, as well as business ethics, CSR, corporate governance and the research student experience.
- Doctor of Philosophy, RMIT University 2010
- Master of Business (Research), RMIT University 2005
- Graduate Certificate Tertiary Teaching & Learning, RMIT University 2011
- Bachelor of Science, Monash University 1997
- Lockrey, S.,Brennan, L.,Verghese, K.,Staples, W.,Binney, W. (2018). Enabling employees and breaking down barriers: Behavioural infrastructure for pro-environmental behaviour In: Research Handbook on Employee Pro-Environmental Behaviour, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- Huang, X.,Staples, W. (2017). Do Chinese corporations take their governance practices abroad? Evidence from Chinese mining subsidiaries in Australia In: Thunderbird International Business Review, 60, 619 - 632
- Staples, W.,Dalrymple, J. (2016). Construction procurement and State Government strategy: Aligned or disconnected? In: Australian Journal of Public Administration, 75, 222 - 235
- Staples, W. (2015). Construction procurers' perceptions of value for money In: International Public Procurement: Innovation and Knowledge Sharing, Springer International Publishing, Switzerland
- Huang, X.,Staples, W. (2014). How and why engage community in the Australian mining industry? Combining institutional and stakeholder perspectives In: Proceedings of the 28th Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, ANZAM 2014: Reshaping Management for Impact, Sydney, Australia, 3-5 December 2014
- Huang, X.,Staples, W. (2014). Community engagement by Chinese firms in Australia: practices and benefits In: Australia-China Council, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade� Melbourne, Australia
- Huang, X.,Staples, W.,Tam, O. (2013). Exploring corporate governance in Chinese-controlled subsidiaries in Australia In: Proceedings of the 27th Annual Australia New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Hobart, 4 - 6 December, 2013
- Staples, W.,Huang, X. (2013). Corporate governance in China: An institutional logics perspective In: Proceedings of the 27th Annual Australia New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Hobart, 4 - 6 December, 2013
- Walker, M.,Staples, W.,Fairbrother, P. (2013). Public Services: Inter-Agency Risk In: Victorian Managed Insurance Authority Melbourne, Australia
- Staples, W.,Dalrymple, J. (2012). Value for money in public sector construction procurement In: Proceedings of the 26th Annual Australia New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Perth, Australia, 5-7 December 2012
- Community engagement by Chinese firms in Australia: Practices and benefits. Funded by: Australia China Council from (2013 to 2014)
2 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions3 PhD Current Supervisions