Warren is a Lecturer in Management in the School of Management at RMIT University who teaches in the areas of Business Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Governance, Business & Government in the Global Context, and Business Research Methods. Warren has previously worked as a researcher in the University (Centre for Management Quality Research), Local Government and Construction industries on a wide range of broadly management related projects.
Warren is currently a member of the Business College Human Ethics Network (BCHEAN).
Warren has previously been Higher Degree by Research Coordinator within the School of Management (2010-2012); the RMIT University Early Career Research (ECR) Steering Group; a member of School and College research committees; and was the Doctoral Student Representative on the Australia New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) Executive between 2005-2007.
Warren's research interests are in the public sector: management, particularly public procurement, as well as business ethics, CSR, corporate governance and the research student experience.
- Doctor of Philosophy, RMIT University 2010
- Master of Business (Research), RMIT University 2005
- Graduate Certificate Tertiary Teaching & Learning, RMIT University 2011
- Bachelor of Science, Monash University 1997
- Lockrey, S.,Brennan, L.,Verghese, K.,Staples, W.,Binney, W. (2018). Enabling employees and breaking down barriers: Behavioural infrastructure for pro-environmental behaviour In: Research Handbook on Employee Pro-Environmental Behaviour, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- Huang, X.,Staples, W. (2017). Do Chinese corporations take their governance practices abroad? Evidence from Chinese mining subsidiaries in Australia In: Thunderbird International Business Review, 60, 619 - 632
- Staples, W.,Dalrymple, J. (2016). Construction procurement and State Government strategy: Aligned or disconnected? In: Australian Journal of Public Administration, 75, 222 - 235
- Staples, W. (2015). Construction procurers' perceptions of value for money In: International Public Procurement: Innovation and Knowledge Sharing, Springer International Publishing, Switzerland
- Huang, X.,Staples, W. (2015). Community engagement by Chinese firms in Australia In: Chinese Investment in Australia, Renmin University of China, Beijing, China
- Huang, X.,Staples, W. (2014). How and why engage community in the Australian mining industry? Combining institutional and stakeholder perspectives In: Proceedings of the 28th Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, ANZAM 2014: Reshaping Management for Impact, Sydney, Australia, 3-5 December 2014
- Huang, X.,Staples, W. (2014). Community engagement by Chinese firms in Australia: practices and benefits In: Australia-China Council, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade� Melbourne, Australia
- Huang, X.,Staples, W.,Tam, O. (2013). Exploring corporate governance in Chinese-controlled subsidiaries in Australia In: Proceedings of the 27th Annual Australia New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Hobart, 4 - 6 December, 2013
- Staples, W.,Huang, X. (2013). Corporate governance in China: An institutional logics perspective In: Proceedings of the 27th Annual Australia New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Hobart, 4 - 6 December, 2013
- Walker, M.,Staples, W.,Fairbrother, P. (2013). Public Services: Inter-Agency Risk In: Victorian Managed Insurance Authority Melbourne, Australia
- Community engagement by Chinese firms in Australia: Practices and benefits. Funded by: Australia China Council from (2013 to 2014)
2 PhD Current Supervisions3 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions