Lucinda is a lecturer in Professional and Creative Writing at RMIT.
Lucinda is a contributor and editorial strategy consultant for arts web channel www.inframe.tv and has an ongoing interest in arts media and policy.
Course Coordinator COMM2147 Professional Writing Offering Coordinator COMM2147 General News Reporting
Supervisor COMM2187 Creative Writing Major Project.
Study Tour Leader COMM2386 Interdisciplinary Communication Project, RMIT Ho Chi Minh City July 2013
Selection Officer, Professional Communication Program.
Senior Academic Advisor, Professional Communication Program
Lucinda is a PhD candidate in Creative Writing at the University of Wollongong where she is working on a manuscript of personal essays and researching nonfiction as a literary tradition and creative concept. Her research interests include: nonfiction, visual and design writing, digital writing, the literary-visual, the lyric essay, personal narrative and memoir.
Lucinda’s collage essay The Club: A Redacted History has been nominated for a Pushcart Prize
Lucinda is a member of the nonfictionLab and the seminar coordinator for this research group.
Lucinda is a supervisor for Major Project students in the Creative Writing program.
- Lecturer, Professional Communication Program
- Core member, non/fictionLab Research Group
PhD Candidate, University of Wollongong
Master of Arts in Journalism, University of Technology, Sydney
Graduate Diploma in Journalism, University of Technology Sydney
Bachelor of Arts, University of Melbourne
2012 Pushcart Prize Nomination
2000 Australian Centre for Independent Journalism Ethel Kirsop Memorial Award
2000 Highly Commended, UTS Postgraduate Reporter of the Year Award
Lucinda has published widely as a professional and creative writer. Lucinda's arts and cultural journalism has appeared in major metropolitan and national titles such as The Age, The Australian, ABC online, Crikey, The Big Issue and Harpers Bazaar, and journals such as UNmagazine, Broadsheet, RealTime and many exhibition catalogues.
Lucinda has a long interest in visual and experimental writing and has published and exhibited literary-visual works in galleries and artspaces nationally. Lucinda's professional background also includes magazine editing and production as Arts Editor of Viamedia's MELBOURNE magazine and Editor of MATRIX magazine for Loreal Australia with Design firm 27DC.
- Ballard, S.,Brasier, H.,Buck, S.,Carlin, D.,Langley, S.,Lobb, J.,Magner, B.,McKinnon, C.,Michael, R.,Murray, P.,Rendle-Short, F.,Strahan, L.,Taylor, S. (2020). We thought we knew what summer was In: Axon: Creative Explorations Canberra, Australia
- Strahan, L. (2019). Permissions: On Expanding the Field of Writing In: Writing in the Expanded Field Melbourne, Australia
- Strahan, L. (2019). Folio of artefacts Doubting Writing/ Writing Doubt 2019 In: Doubting Writing/ Writing Doubt Melbourne, Australia
- Strahan, L. (2017). Not a Memoir: An Essay In: TEXT Journal of Writing and Writing Courses Canberra, Australia
- Strahan, L. (2016). A 'non' that became a yes: David Shields' Reality Hunger and the punk germ in the new literary nonfiction In: Punk and Post-Punk, 5, 281 - 293
- Strahan, L. (2012). A redacted history In: Defunct: A Literary Repository for the Ages Iowa, United States
- Strahan, L. (2011). Sources of arts journalism: Who's writing the arts pages? In: Journalists, Sources, and Credibility New Perspectives, Taylor and Francis, United Kingdom
1 PhD Current Supervisions