Dr. Busyairah (Bush) is currently a Senior Lecturer in Aviation at the Department of Aerospace Engineering and Aviation in RMIT University, Melbourne.
1. Development of Specifications for ADS-B Monitoring System included in the ICAO ADS-B Implementation Guidance Document (AIGD) edition 10 (June 2017).
2. Development of an Algorithm for Correlation of Aircraft Positioning Data from Radar and ADS-B.
3. Development of A Safety Assessment Framework for Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B).
4. Fatigue risk monitoring and analysis for easyJet airline pilots and cabin crew. This work was conducted in collaboration with NASA and easyJet.
5. Accident/Incident Analysis in Norwegian Airspace due to Limitations in Radar in collaboration with Avinor, Norway.
6. Design & development of Controller Working Position and MLAT for Low Cost Airport Terminal (LCAT) at KLIA.
1. Development of an approach & tool to measure aircraft Altimetry System Error (ASE) using ADS-B data. (Collaboration with Imperial)
2. Development of a Framework for Drones Traffic Management in Urban Area. (Collaboration with DCA, Malaysia)
3. Design, development and implementation of New Kuala Lumpur Air Traffic Control Centre (KL ATCC) Malaysia for Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) Malaysia. (Most
POTENTIAL FUTURE PROJECTS:
1. Fatigue risk analysis for air traffic controllers (ATCo).
2. A case study on feasible and efficient tracking (surveillance) technologies for drones flying in urban area.
3. Flight Data Processing System (FDPS) for Unmanned Aircraft System Traffic Management (UTM).
2009-2018: Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, University of Malaya, Malaysia.
2015-2018: Consultant, Ministry of Transport (MOT) Malaysia and Department of Civil Aviation Organization (DCA), Malaysia.
2010-2013: Researcher, Imperial College London, United Kingdom.
2005-2007: Air Traffic Control Systems Operation and Maintenance Engineer, Telekom Malaysia for Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) Malaysia.
2003-2005: Aviation/Maritime Product Engineer, Telekom Malaysia.
2002-2003: Programmer, Motorola, Malaysia.