Sam Tavassoli is a Senior Lecturer at RMIT and also a research fellow at Lund University, Sweden. His research and teaching profiles are around innovation and entrepreneurship.
Sam Tavassoli is a Senior Lecturer at RMIT and also a research fellow at Centre for Innovation, Research and Competence in the Learning Economy (CIRCLE), Lund University, Sweden. He holds a PhD in Industrial Economics from Blekinge Institute of Technology and a Postdoc from Lund University, Sweden. Sam was also a visiting scholar at University of North Carolina, U.S, during his PhD program. He is an industrial engineer by basic training and has a master degree in Innovation Management from Linköping University, Sweden.
Sam's PhD dissertation is titled "Determinants and Effects of Innovation; Context Matters" (2014). The dissertation is mainly in the domain of economics of innovation, while it incorporates various contexts in which firms operate and innovate. These contexts are the evolution of industries as well as regional clusters. Sam has research interest in economics of innovation & technological change, innovation strategies of firms, entrepreneurial firms, and geography of innovation & entrepreneurship.
- Postdoctoral: Industrial Economics & Management (Major: Economics of Innovation & Entrepreneurship), CIRCLE, Lund University, Sweden
- PhD: Industrial Economics & Management (Major: Economics of Innovation & Entrepreneurship), Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH), Sweden
- Master: Industrial Economics & Management (Major: Innovation Management), Linköping University, Sweden
- Bachelor: Industrial Engineering, Mazandaran University of Science and Technology, Iran
- Project Manager in Medical Device Industry, 2017-2019
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Lund University, Sweden (2015-2016)
- A visiting scholar in School of Public Policy, UNC-Chapel Hill, U.S.A (2013)
- Project Manager in Oil & Gas Industry, 2006-2007
- Tavassoli, S.,Trippl, M. (2019). The impact of ethnic communities on immigrant entrepreneurship: evidence from Sweden In: Regional Studies, 53, 67 - 79
- Schubert, T.,Tavassoli, S. (2019). Product Innovation and Educational Diversity in Top and Middle Management Teams In: Academy of Management Journal, , 1 - 25
- Tavassoli, S.,Karlsson, C. (2018). The role of regional context on innovation persistency of firms In: Papers in Regional Science, 97, 931 - 956
- Tavassoli, S. (2018). The role of product innovation on export behavior of firms: Is it innovation input or innovation output that matters? In: European Journal of Innovation Management, 21, 294 - 314
- Grillitsch, M.,Tavassoli, S. (2018). Cultural diversity and employment growth: Moderating effect of the recent global financial crisis In: Australian Journal of Management, 43, 632 - 652
- Tavassoli, S.,Bengtsson, L. (2018). The role of business model innovation for product innovation performance In: International Journal of Innovation Management, 22, 1 - 25
- Karlsson, C.,Tavassoli, S. (2018). Industrial policy in the post-industrial society: is the EU on the right track? In: Governance and Political Entrepreneurship in Europe, Edward Elgar, Cheltenhamn, United Kingdom
- Tavassoli, S.,Bengtsson, L.,Karlsson, C. (2017). Strategic entrepreneurship and knowledge spillovers: spatial and aspatial perspectives In: International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, 13, 233 - 249
- Tavassoli, S.,Karlsson, C. (2016). Innovation strategies and firm performance: Simple or complex strategies? In: Economics of Innovation and New Technology, 25, 631 - 650
- Tavassoli, S.,Jienwatcharamongkhol, V. (2016). Survival of knowledge intensive business service firms: The role of agglomeration externalities In: Knowledge Intensive Business Services and Regional Competitiveness, Routledge, New York, United States
1 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions