Anna Urbanowicz is the recipient of RMIT Vice-Chancellor's Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (Fulbright Scholar).
Anna is a registered occupational therapist. She was awarded her PhD in Rett syndrome in 2016 and completed a post-doctoral fellowship at the University of Queensland funded by the Cooperative Research Centre for Living with Autism in July 2018.
Anna has a keen interest in working together with autistic adults to enhance their quality of life, health and wellbeing. For her Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship, Anna will be based at Portland State University, Oregon from September 2018 – July 2019. She will be conducting research to improve the hospital experience for autistic adults using Community Based Participatory Research methods.
- PhD Edith Cowan University 2016
- BSc(OT)(Hons) Edith Cowan University 2009
- Mason, D.,Ingham, B.,Urbanowicz, A.,Michael, C.,Birtles, H.,Woodbury-Smith, M.,Brown, T.,James, I.,Scarlett, C.,Nicolaidis, C.,Parr, J. (2019). A Systematic Review of What Barriers and Facilitators Prevent and Enable Physical Healthcare Services Access for Autistic Adults In: Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 49, 3387 - 3400
- Arnold, S.,Foley, K.,Hwang, J.,Richdale, A.,Urbanowicz, A., et al., A. (2019). Cohort profile: The Australian Longitudinal Study of Adults with Autism (ALSAA) In: BMJ Open, 9, 1 - 16
- An, A.,McPherson, L.,Urbanowicz, A. (2018). Healthy living: A health promotion program for adults with intellectual disability In: Disability and Health Journal, 11, 606 - 611
- Urbanowicz, A.,Ciccone, N.,Girdler, S.,Leonard, H.,Downs, J. (2018). Choice making in Rett syndrome: a descriptive study using video data In: Disability and Rehabilitation, 40, 813 - 819
- Urbanowicz, A.,Downs, J.,Girdler, S.,Ciccone, N.,Leonard, H. (2016). An exploration of the use of eye gaze and gestures in females with rett syndrome In: Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 59, 1373 - 1383
- Urbanowicz, A.,Leonard, H.,Girdler, S.,Ciccone, N.,Downs, J. (2016). Parental perspectives on the communication abilities of their daughters with Rett syndrome In: Developmental Neurorehabilitation, 19, 17 - 25
- Urbanowicz, A.,Downs, J.,Girdler, S.,Ciccone, N.,Leonard, H. (2015). Aspects of speech-language abilities are influenced by MECP2 mutation type in girls with Rett syndrome In: American Journal of Medical Genetics, Part A, 167, 354 - 362
- Urbanowicz, A.,Downs, J.,Bebbington, A.,Jacoby, P.,Girdler, S.,Leonard, H. (2011). Use of equipment and respite services and caregiver health among Australian families living with Rett syndrome In: Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, 5, 722 - 732