Chris Watson has worked extensively in the Australian and International TCFL sectors for the last 20 years, holding senior commercial and marketing positions throughout most of his career.
Chris has experience in many facets of TCFL sectors, including manufacturing; design and services. Having worked in all levels of the supply chain Chris has been involved in yarns, fabrics and garments, and continues to be involved in these market segments.
For the past 15 years Chris has marketed products and services to most major international markets, including USA, Japan, European Union, and many parts of Asia. Chris continues to have significant involvement in the Merino industry where he markets Merino products to key brands and retailers throughout Europe.
More recently, Chris has been involved in the Outdoor Sportswear market and has developed a specific interest in environmental sustainability, which provides an ongoing challenge to many Textiles companies and apparel Brands.
- Bachelor of Education Degree – Commerce
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Troynikov, O.,Nawaz, N.,Watson, C. (2017). Durability of vapor-permeable waterproof textile materials used in sailing protective apparel In: Textile Research Journal, 1, 1 - 16
- Troynikov, O.,Watson, C.,Jadhav, A.,Nawaz, N.,Kettlewell, R. (2016). Towards sustainable and safe apparel cleaning methods: A review In: Journal of Environmental Management, 182, 252 - 264
- Rahulan, M.,Troynikov, O.,Watson, C.,Janta, M.,Senner, V. (2015). Consumer behavior of generational cohorts for compression sportswear In: Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 19, 87 - 104
- Troynikov, O.,Watson, C. (2015). Knitting technology for seamless sportswear In: Textiles for Sportswear, Woodhead Publishing, United Kingdom
- Nasir, S.,Troynikov, O.,Watson, C. (2015). Skin deformation behavior during hand movements and their impact on functional sports glove design In: Procedia Engineering - Proceedings of the 7th Asia-Pacific Congress on Sports Technology (APCST 2015: Volume 112), Barcelona, Spain, 23-25 September 2015
- Wardiningsih, W.,Troynikov, O.,Nawaz, N.,Watson, C. (2014). Influence of wearing impact protective garment on thermophysiological comfort of the wearer In: Procedia engineering, The Engineering of Sport 10, Sheffield, United Kingdom, 14-17 July 2014
- Troynikov, O.,Nawaz, N.,Watson, C. (2014). Medical protective clothing In: Protective clothing: Managing thermal stress, Oxford Woodhead Publishing, United Kingdom
- Rahulan, M.,Troynikov, O.,Watson, C.,Janta, M.,Senner, V. (2013). Consumer purchase behaviour of sports compression garments - A study of generation Y and baby boomer cohorts In: Procedia Engineering, 60, 163 - 169
- Troynikov, O.,Wardiningsih, W.,Koptug, A.,Watson, C.,Oggiano, L. (2013). Influence of material properties and garment composition on pressure generated by sport compression garments In: Procedia Engineering, 60, 157 - 162
- Watson, C.,Nawaz, N.,Troynikov, O. (2013). Design and evaluation of sport garments for cold conditions using human thermoregulation modeling paradigm In: Procedia Engineering, 60, 151 - 156
- Improved Thermal Management Performance of Bedding Systems for effective Recovery in Dynamic Sleep Environments through Cotton-contain Products. Funded by: Cotton Research & Development Corp Research Project from (2017 to 2018)
- Sports Ergonomic Garment Project. Funded by: Enterprise Connnect - Researchers in Business pre-2014 from (2013 to 2014)