Jessica is a senior lecturer in the School of Media and Communication.
Jessica teaches in Literary Theory, Short Story Writing, Creative Writing: Project, Essay Project and Poetry.
Poetry and poetics; contemporary poetry; experimental / radical writing; literary history; literary theory; modernism, post-modernism and the avant-garde.
Scholarships, grants and awards
2015 – Australia Council for the Arts project grant (AU$15,924)
2013 – City of Melbourne Arts Grant Program (AU$17,300)
2012 – CAL Cultural Fund for special issue of RABBIT: a journal for nonfiction poetry (AU$3050)
2009 – Varuna Residency Fellowship
2008 – Felix Meyer Scholarship for Creative Writing
2008 – 'Oneida' shortlisted for the PressPress Chapbook Award.
2006 – H.B. Higgins Scholarship for the Study of Poetry
International Poetry Studies Institute (Canberra)
Vagabond Press (Sydney)
2012 – Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning, School of Education, RMIT University
2011 – PhD, Creative Writing, University of Melbourne, Australia
2005 – BA (Hons), Media and Communications, University of Melbourne (Majors: English and Creative Writing)
- Wilkinson, J.,Atherton, C. (2016). Introduction In: Contemporary Women's Writing, 10, 1 - 7
- Wilkinson, J. (2016). Experiments in poetic biography: Feminist threads in contemporary long form poetry In: Biography, 39, 1 - 22
- Wilkinson, J.,Cassidy, B. (2016). Walking through glass: Introduction In: Contemporary Australian Feminist Poetry, Hunter Publishers, Santa Lucia, Australia
- Wilkinson, J. (2016). Jordie Albiston's biographical poetry: Disguising the 'I' In: Truth and Beauty: Verse Biography in Canada, Australia and New Zealand, Victoria University Press, Wellington, New Zealand
- Wilkinson, J. (2016). Jessica Wilkinson, Portfolio of Poems 2015-2016 In: Montreal Global Poetry Anthology 2015 Montreal, Canada
- Wilkinson, J. (2016). FAUNE et JEUX In: States of Poetry: Victoria Melbourne, Australia
- Wilkinson, J. (2014). Suite for Percy Grainger: a biography In: Vagabond Press Sydney, Australia
- Wilkinson, J. (2014). Through the poet's lens: documentary poetry and historical recovery In: Axon: Creative Explorations, 4, 1 - 18
- Wilkinson, J. (2014). Beyond facts and accuracies: long form poetry as biographical method In: Axon Journal, , 1 - 15
- Wilkinson, J. (2013). Jessica Wilkinson, Portfolio of Poems: Exercises in Mind and Memory 2008-2013 In: Best Australian Poems etc. Australia
- Melbourne-Seoul: an intercultural poetry exchange. Funded by: Australia Korea Foundation 2016 from (2016 to 2016)
- Music Made Visible.Rockets on a Starry Night: a dual biography of George Balanchine & Lucette Aldous. Funded by: Australia Council for the Arts - Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups 2015 from (2015 to 2017)
- Music Made Visible: a biography of George Balanchine. Funded by: Marten Bequest Travelling Scholarship 2014 from (2014 to 2016)
- Rabbit Poetry Journal & Rabbit Poets Series, 2014-15. Funded by: Arts Victoria - Arts Innovation Program Grant pre-2014 from (2014 to 2015)
- RABBIT Poetry Journal Issues #7-10 (2013 volume). Funded by: City of Melbourne Arts Grant from (2013 to 2013)
3 PhD Completions5 PhD Current Supervisions and 3 Masters by Research Current Supervisions