Bradley is a Senior Lecturer in Media and Communication at RMIT. He is an experienced academic with an interest in advanced theories and methods as they pertain to communication, branding and consumer behaviour.
Brad is willing to consider prospective research candidates in his substantive and methodological research areas. In the first instance please email for an initial discussion.
Commenced 2012. Shinyi Chin completing Ph.D. Topic: “Product Placement in Digital Times“. APA Scholarship Holder. With Associate Professor Angelina Russo.
2010, Nora Isa Ibrahim. Masters Minor Thesis. Master of Communication (Advertising). Coursework Minor Project. “Corporate Social Responsibility and the Tobacco Industry: An Analysis of British American Tobacco Projects“.
2009. Arina Anis Azlan. Masters Minor Thesis. Master of Communication (Advertising). “A Comparison of Consumer Judgments towards the Organised Word of Mouth Practice in Commercial and Non-profit Organisations.“
2008. Jennifer Bing Masters Minor Thesis. Master of Communication (Advertising). “A Textural Analysis of “The Big Ad.“
Impact: macro summary
Brad has delivered more than 35 scholarly outputs (including invited presentations/seminars) over the past three years. The Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) exercise 2010 identifies that Brad contributes research to key domains of strategic research focus at RMIT University, which it is ranked very strongly in. These disciplines have a rating of: 4 (Communication and Media Studies: 2001 5 (Information Systems: 0806), and 3 (Marketing: 1505, 1503). These domains are research disciplines that are significantly above national Australian University average ratings.
Academic service (reviewing)
Brad reviews for many key journal and conference forums.
- Journal of Advertising Research, International Journal of Advertising, Journal of Advertising, Marketing Letters, Human Communication Research, Journal of Marketing Communication, Sport Marketing Quarterly, Journal of Consumer Culture, International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship, PLS Handbook Springer Methods Handbook Chapters, Journal of Customer Behaviour, Australasian Marketing Journal, Sociology of Sport Journal, Team Performance Management, International Journal of Sport Communication, Sociology of Sport Journal and International Journal of Sport Communication.
- International Consortium of Research in Advertising Conferences (ICORIA)
- European Marketing Academy Conferences (EMAC)
- Academy Marketing Science Conference
- Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conferences (ANZMAC)
- Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Conferences (ANZAM)
- ANZMAC Social Marketing Conferences
- ANZMAC Services Marketing Conferences
- International Nonprofit and Social Marketing Conferences
- International Research Symposium in Services Management Conference (IRSSM)
Academy of Marketing Science. World Marketing Congress. Special Paper/Session Chair Melbourne, Australia, Monash University, 2013.
QUIS Conference Wolfsburg, Germany. June 2009. Service Production Session.
- RMIT University Communication, Politics and Culture Research Centre. Application Foundation Member. Application Under Construction 2012.
- RMIT University Global Cities Institute. Research Associate Member 2009-current. Research Program: Globalization and Culture. Program Leader: Professor Manfred Steger. Program Manager: Chris Hudson.
- European Advertising Association.
- Australian and New Zealand Marketing Academy.
- The Matilda Bay Club. Rasch Measurement Theory - Scientific Measurement of Latent Variables Group. Member.
During his career he has taught 15 courses in advertising, branding and marketing. He is particularly active with internationally recognised research contributions featured in high impact conferences and journals. He frequently contributes to mainstream media as an expert and is active in many industry associations with strong affiliations in agency and client side organisations throughout Australasia.
Prior to joining RMIT he worked in advertising research with an emphasis on communications pretesting. Currently his publishing interests include: Brand Personality, Brand Loyalty, Relationship Marketing, Advancements to Multivariate Statistical Methods (focus on covariance based structural modeling methods, partial least squares path modeling and directionality assessment techniques), Sponsorship Communication and Crisis Management.
- PhD, RMIT – 'An Investigation into Three Consumer Constructs: Explaining the Nature of Relations Influencing Brand Relationship Quality' Supervisors: Professor Timothy Fry, Associate Professor Kate Westberg
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) with Distinction, RMIT (Dux)
- Advanced Certificate in Business (Marketing), Dandenong College of Technical and Further Education (Dux)
- Stavros, C.,Westberg, K.,Wilson, B.,Smith, A. (2016). Managing Behavior: Organizational and consumer perspectives on athlete transgressions In: Routledge Handbook of Sports Marketing, Routledge, New York, USA
- Popp, B.,Wilson, B.,Horbel, C.,Woratschek, H. (2016). Relationship building through Facebook brand pages: the multifaceted roles of identification, satisfaction, and perceived relationship investment In: Journal of Strategic Marketing, 24, 278 - 294
- Horbel, C.,Popp, B.,Woratschek, H.,Wilson, B. (2016). How context shapes value co-creation: spectator experience of sport events In: Service Industries Journal, 36, 510 - 531
- Smith, A.,Stavros, C.,Westberg, K.,Wilson, B.,Boyle, C. (2014). Alcohol-related player behavioral transgressions: Incidences, fan media responses, and a harm-reduction alternative In: International Review for the Sociology of Sport, 49, 400 - 416
- Chin, S.,Wilson, B.,Russo, A. (2013). Product placement: A new definition, classificatory framework and agenda for future research In: Advances in Advertising Research (vol. iv) : The Changing Roles of Advertising, Springer Gabler, Germany
- Henseler, J.,Fassott, G.,Dijkstra, T.,Wilson, B. (2012). Analyzing quadratic effects of formative constructs by means of variance-based structural equation modelling In: European Journal of Information Systems, 21, 99 - 112
- Chin, S.,Wilson, B. (2012). Product placement in the digital world: A conceptual framework In: The Changing Roles of Advertising, Stockholm, Sweden, 29-30 June 2012
- Chin, S.,Wilson, B.,Russo, A. (2012). Product placement redefined In: Proceedings of the ANZMAC 2012: Sharing the Cup of Knowledge, Adelaide, Australia, 3 - 5th December 2012
- Henseler, J.,Wilson, B.,Westberg, K. (2011). Managers' perceptions of the impact of sport sponsorship on brand equity: Which aspects of the sponsorship matter Most? In: Sport Marketing Quarterly, 20, 7 - 21
- Westberg, K.,Stavros, C.,Wilson, B. (2011). The impact of degenerative episodes on the sponsorship B2B relationship: Implications for brand management In: Industrial Marketing Management, 40, 603 - 611
- Investigating the Robustness of Partial Least Squares for the Measurement of Change in the Communication Sciences. Funded by: RMIT Emerging Researcher Grants from (2008 to 2009)